Payor Partnerships Manager
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
We are seeking a Payor Partnerships manager with a background in behavioral health, experienced in working with Managed Care Organizations with strong communication and relationship skills to join our growing team to revolutionize health care delivery. The Payor Partnerships Manager serves as a trusted partner for our health plans, reporting into the Senior Director of Client Strategy and working closely across internal teams to manage the day to day client interactions, support internal operation teams and identify areas of improvement/innovation in line with partner goals. This position will be focused on supporting our health plan partners from implementation through ongoing value delivery and accountable for year over year retention and expansion. The ideal candidate will be able to build strong relationships and lead contracting conversations with health plan executives. The Payor Partnerships Manager will serve as the subject matter expert for their client bases’ program delivery strategy, operational customizations, outcome metrics, program KPIs, analytical needs, program trends, and client specific program goals.
What you'll do
- Support multiple health plan partners from implementation through ongoing value delivery
- Serve as intermediary to fairly represent client interests and needs to Equip business (product feedback, operational design/support, member support, clinical care)
- Quarterback day-to-day program delivery, working closely with clinical operations and admissions leadership to deliver on program KPIs
- Execute on payor penetration strategy to identify and maintain referral partners within each health plan
- Accountable for health plan satisfaction, renewals & expansion opportunities to new markets, states, and lines of business, contract adherence, contract P&L, contract utilizationIdentify areas of opportunity to grow, scale, and optimize Equip program deliveryProduce and deliver high quality, actionable client meeting agendas, report content, etc.
- Assist in creation of Client Services strategy framework and content library to lay the groundwork for standard, scalable Client Relationships that promote excellence and the Equip values
- Ensure our clients are well positioned for program success by executing a best in class implementation and account management strategy that achieves key program milestones and exceeds expectations
Required Experience or Skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Previous experience in mental health working with Managed Care Organizations
- Proven experience leading multidisciplinary teams to deliver against aggressive project timelines using project management tools and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at building strong working relationships, understanding roles and responsibilities within complex organizations, and representing the needs of both the Equip team and Client
- Experience owning and managing multiple concurrent relationships with diverse client base
- Key analytical abilities to generate program KPIs and insights both for internal and external stakeholders with an eye towards operational excellence and superior value deliveryStrong understanding of health care landscape, specifically payer and provider focused
- Excitement at the prospect to build the playbooks and then execute on them
- A passion for living our mission and values
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.