DevOps Engineer (Remote Position)
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
Our engineering team values agility, collaboration, and autonomy. We’re building a team of not just strong problem-solvers but great collaborators—engineers who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on new problems that no other companies have solved before.
As a member of our DevOps team, you will help shape the foundational systems that all Equip engineers use to develop and deploy their applications, make infrastructure easier to understand and maintain, and manage many service primitives (e.g. security, metrics, logging) to help orchestrate our growing services ecosystem.
Our primary goal is to build systems that are easy to use so that Equip engineers can create new features and provide value as fast as possible. We have the luxury of being close to the users of our systems, so we get lots of feedback about where we should be spending our time. This means that the work that we do has a very high impact.
- Build a cloud platform upon which web, and data engineer teams can build great applications
- Partner with other engineering teams to improve their productivity, ensure they run on top of reliable and scalable systems, and promote best practices
- Provide leadership to the team on best practices and architecture in cloud infrastructure, CI/CD, monitoring, and backend services
- Develop tools in a variety of frameworks and languages to guarantee the availability of services
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in platform engineering, devops, SRE, or software engineering roles
- Experience building applications in a secure environment (HIPAA, SOC2)
- Demonstrated experience building out cloud infrastructure with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI, Gitlab, etc)
- Experience setting up monitoring for infrastructure, services, data pipelines and web applications
- Experience tuning, monitoring and diving deep to resolve issues and stop them from reoccurring
- Experience working with various databases and data stores, APIs, serverless, micro services, caching systems and more required to build scalable backend systems
- Experience with ECS/Fargate, docker, and other container/serverless based systems
- Deep understanding of cloud providers (AWS)
- Deep experience with Linux
Bonus if you have the following:
- Understanding of security and compliance within a cloud environment and with application development
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Equip Health
Something looks off?