Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst
Report to: Head of Finance
The FP&A Analyst is responsible for providing financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and supporting the project teams to ensure that the company remains financially viable as it advances its pre-clinical research activities.
- Financial Forecasting & Budgeting:
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide the project teams with the appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance.
- Support the development of the annual budget, forecasts, scenario planning and longer term strategic financial plans.
- Analyse actual results against forecasts, identify trends, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Operational Analysis:
- Track and monitor research & development spending, ensuring alignment with strategic priorities, including as needed purchase order coding and receipting.
- Analyze operational performance and project costs to identify efficiency opportunities and cost-saving measures.
- Hold monthly performance reviews with project teams.
- Support the head of finance with day to day financial transactions and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly reports, dashboards, and presentations for senior management, project leads and external stakeholders.
- Partner with accounting to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Research & Development, to provide financial insights and recommendations.
- Serve as a key liaison between finance and non-finance departments.
- Process Improvement:
- Recommend and implement best practices in financial modelling, analysis, and reporting.
- Continuously improve FP&A tools and processes to drive efficiency and scalability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field.
- CIMA / ACCA qualified is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis, preferably in the biotech, pharmaceutical, or healthcare industry.
- Strong analytical, modelling, and forecasting skills.
- Proficiency in financial software and systems, including Excel, PowerPoint, and ERP systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of pre-clinical trial operations and the drug development process is a plus.