CHARM Therapeutics is a biotech company focused on delivering transformational medicines that will address difficult-to-drug targets in key oncogenic pathways. CHARM has developed the first highly accurate, high throughput protein-ligand co-folding algorithm (DragonFold), driven by end-to-end 3D deep learning. Our platform enables the rapid generation of highly differentiated clinical candidates, and our ambition is to revolutionise drug discovery. CHARM Therapeutics is establishing a state-of-the-art R&D facility in Cambridge, UK.
We are currently seeking a motivated Protein Crystallographer to join the Structural Sciences group at CHARM Therapeutics. The position is within a lab-based team, working on high throughput crystallographic and CryoEM structural targets to fully enable and drive multiple SBDD / Med Chem campaigns. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative discovery team to invent novel medicines and drive them towards the clinic.
- A degree in biochemistry / biophysics / structural biology, or a related discipline, is required
- Experience in a biotech/pharma setting may be advantageous
- Experienced in setting up and optimising crystallisation experiments using robotics, and harvesting crystals
- Experience with working in a high throughput fragment screening environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in crystallographic data processing and refinement using XDS, CCP4 and Global Phasing software suites would be beneficial and experience in data analysis using the PANDDA approach would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable wet lab skills including protein expression and purification for crystallography purposes
- Excellent organisational / interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
What is on Offer
- The chance to work in a highly collaborative, progressive and intellectually stimulating environment, applying state of the art AI-based techniques to revolutionise drug discovery
- Competitive base salaries offered with regular appraisals and reviews
- Share options in CHARM Therapeutics through the EMI scheme
- Private Healthcare, including dental and optical
- Gym membership
- Budget for employee development; training courses and conferences
- Fruit and snacks delivered to our offices