Member Care Specialist
We exist for American workers and their employers -- who are the backbone of our economy. That is where Centivo comes in -- our mission is to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills.
Centivo is looking to hire Member Care Specialists to join our team! No work experience necessary, prior customer service experience is a plus. Our paid training program starts December 2023. Training will be in person from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
A career in healthcare needs to begin somewhere and we believe this is a great place to kick it off (and grow) with an hourly rate starting at $18 (up to $20 depending on prior experience).
If you think you’d like:
- Supporting members and health care providers on inquiries
- Researching and solving complex problems
- Educating members and health care providers on benefits and navigation of our site, and
- Disrupting the healthcare system
you might be our next Member Care Specialist!
Still reading? Here is more about the opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Accept inbound calls from members and providers on inquiries pertaining to benefits, eligibility, and claims
- Research complex inquiries by use of tools, documentation, and outbound calls
- Educate members and providers on benefits and navigation of Centivo site, tools, and applications
- Document all interactions and ensure proper processes/procedures are followed and follow up action is taken
- De-escalate calls when necessary
- Address first level complaints and provide assistance on appeals as needed;
You should have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Some computer skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft operating system and their suite of applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- And can quickly learn other proprietary computer systems
- Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
These are not required, but would be nice to have:
- Fast-paced Call Center experience
- Previous claims experience and/or medical billing experience
This role is located in our downtown Buffalo, NY office with an opportunity for hybrid post training and after 90 days of working in the office. Opportunity to work remotely when working the late shift.
To determine our range, we consider as many of the following data points as are available to us: external market salary survey data, internal data in terms of comparable roles and our budget for the position. Compensation is both an art and a science (as is negotiating a salary for a new job at a new company!), so what we have posted is our good faith estimate of what we expect to pay. We encourage candidates to apply for positions that are of interest and share their desired salary. We consider that as an additional data point, along with candidate skills and qualifications as part of our process.
Who we are:
Centivo is an innovative health plan for self-funded employers on a mission to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of working Americans who struggle to pay their medical bills. Anchored around a primary care based ACO model, Centivo saves employers 15 to 30 percent compared to traditional insurance carriers. Employees also realize significant savings through our free primary care (including virtual), predictable copay and no-deductible benefit plan design. Centivo works with employers ranging in size from 51 employees to Fortune 500 companies. For more information, visit centivo.com.
Headquartered in Buffalo, NY with offices in New York City and Buffalo, Centivo is backed by leading healthcare and technology investors, including a recent round of investment from Morgan Health, a business unit of JPMorgan Chase & Co.