Stop Loss Analyst
We exist for American workers and their employers -- who are the backbone of our economy. That is where Centivo comes in -- our mission is to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills.
Centivo is looking for a Stop Loss Analyst to join our team!
As a Stop Loss Analyst, you will serve as a key leader with ownership of end to end stop loss policy administration for Centivo’s self-funded clients and working with various internal departments (including Client Success, Implementation, Claims Operations, Member Care and Sales). You will cultivate strategic relationships with Centivo’s stop loss carrier partners, working with account managers, TPAs, brokers, agents, and vendors to assist and complete the stop loss renewal process.
What you’ll do:
Working under guidance of the Stop Loss Manager, you will:
- Maintain a process for identifying potential specific claimants within each client’s utilization data including collaboration with other key departments to identify and monitor specific claimants in a timely fashion.
- Manage specific and aggregate claim submission processes, acting as liaison between Centivo and its stop loss carrier partners including:
- Ensuring new carriers have Non-Disclosure Agreements in place before sharing any client data.
- Providing stop loss carrier with necessary information required for claim reimbursement consideration and appeal submissions.
- Requesting changes to stop-loss policy and/or client SPD as needed to ensure seamless coverage.
- Participating in internal workgroups and task force(s) as needed to successfully implement stop loss administration in claims system.
- Collaborate with Sales Executives, Account Managers and/or other internal department(s) for the management of renewal quote requests.
- Complete all renewal paperwork including stop-loss proposal, stop loss application, and stop loss contract, then submit/save items to appropriate parties/locations.
- Analyze stop-loss policies against the quote, application, and plan document for accuracy and agreement.
- Generate timely and accurate financial data for monthly report submissions.
- Proactively reviews weekly reports to identify potential high-cost claimants.
- Participate actively in team and department meetings on stop loss administration process, client/product implementation planning as it may relate to stop loss managemen.
- Ensure stop loss industry knowledge is current, bringing forward ideas and recommendations to ensure Centivo has competitive position in the marketplace.
- Convey renewal information for stop-loss rates internally within Centivo.
- Utilize developed understanding of all aspects of operational functions to efficiently perform to the established service standards as related to renewals and client service.
- Elevate client issues and concerns to appropriate Manager, Client Services and/or Account Management.
- Performs other miscellaneous projects, assignments, and duties as assigned by management.
You should have:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet performance goals, including accuracy and productivity
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to access, operate, and maintain various software applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Education and Experience:
- 4 years of experience in stop loss, claims operations, financial analytics, customer service, or client services required
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Stop Loss policy management and marketing experience required, specifically with self-funded insurance
- Knowledge of the claims/submission process
- El Dorado/Javelina experience
- Ringmaster Smart-LinQ Experience
- This role can be based anywhere in the U.S.
To determine our range, we consider as many of the following data points as are available to us: external market salary survey data, internal data in terms of comparable roles and our budget for the position. Compensation is both an art and a science (as is negotiating a salary for a new job at a new company!), so what we have posted is our good faith estimate of what we expect to pay. We encourage candidates to apply for positions that are of interest and share their desired salary. We consider that as an additional data point, along with candidate skills and qualifications as part of our process.
Who we are:
Centivo is an innovative health plan for self-funded employers on a mission to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of working Americans who struggle to pay their medical bills. Anchored around a primary care based ACO model, Centivo saves employers 15 to 30 percent compared to traditional insurance carriers. Employees also realize significant savings through our free primary care (including virtual), predictable copay and no-deductible benefit plan design. Centivo works with employers ranging in size from 51 employees to Fortune 500 companies. For more information, visit centivo.com.
Headquartered in Buffalo, NY with offices in New York City and Buffalo, Centivo is backed by leading healthcare and technology investors, including a recent round of investment from Morgan Health, a business unit of JPMorgan Chase & Co.