Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform, serving people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot's comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives. With Carrot, you can pursue your possible.
Carrot Fertility is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accounting Manager to join our finance team. This will be a management role crucial in maintaining the financial integrity of our organization. The Accounting Manager will play a key role in improving internal controls and enhancing the month-end close process. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in both public and private accounting, particularly with experience in companies of a similar size and growth trajectory as Carrot.
- Prepare and review financial statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Lead and streamline the month-end close process, including the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial analysis.
- Develop, implement, and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard company assets and improve the overall control environment.
- Collaborate with external auditors during the annual audit process, providing required documentation and support to ensure a smooth and successful audit.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiency enhancements in accounting and financial reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, investigating and resolving any discrepancies.
- Provide insightful financial analysis and reporting to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Stay up-to-date with accounting regulations and standards, ensuring the company's financial practices remain in compliance.
- Work closely with other teams, including Finance, Legal, and Operations, to ensure financial processes align with overall company goals.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the growing financial team. They will be reporting directly to the Controller and managing 2-3 employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA certification required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including both public accounting and private industry experience, with exposure to companies of similar size and complexity.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement and internal controls enhancement.
- Experience working with a high-growth company
- Experience working in the benefit or medical industry
- Management experience
- Self-motivated and eager to learn from existing resources and colleagues
- Experience building internal controls and documenting procedures
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package. The starting base salary for this position will range from $120,000.00 - $160,000.00. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
Carrot has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work, including Best Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Product from the Anthem Awards, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's 100 Barrier Breaking Startups, and more. Carrot is regularly featured in media reporting on issues related to the future of work, women in leadership, healthcare innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion, including MSNBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, Harvard Business Review, and more.
Carrot is a remote-first company with teams in more than 40 states across the United States and dozens of countries around the world. It has received numerous workplace awards, including Fortune's Best Workplaces in Healthcare, Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Great Place to Work and Age-Friendly Employer certifications. Learn more at carrotfertility.com.