Clinical Operations Associate
Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform, serving people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot's comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives. With Carrot, you can pursue your possible.
As Clinical Operations Associate, you will be responsible for triaging and evaluating member services clinical escalations across each of Carrot's journeys in the US and internationally. You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys in-directly supporting members through researching individual situations, relevant circumstances, clinical standards and aligning recommendations with Carrot's benefit guidelines. You are organized and detail oriented, and enjoy contributing to the development of best practices based on evidence based guidelines. This role will also be responsible for supporting research of evidence-based data to inform Carrot's services in the US and internationally.
We are a team of dedicated professionals focused on providing up-to-date and evidence-based information to our members, enabling them to access optimal care within their respective countries. We partner cross-functionally across the organization to ensure swift and reliable responses to members’ inquiries. The Clinical Operations Associate will report to the Clinical Operations Manager.
- 2+ years experience in the fertility clinical space.
- Medically-related degree: BSN, RN, or equivalent
- Strong English language competency
- Fully functional from a work-remote environment, with an ability to have reliable and accessible online and digital resources and to be able to operate within a confidential private space.
- Strong critical thinking skills to assist with determination of eligibility based on evidence-based data and experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to be able to communicate and cooperate with cross functional teams
- A team player who loves to engage with others across cultural, functional and geographic lines.
- Detail oriented work process with strong organization skills
- Technologically savvy. Able to quickly learn and maneuver within new web-based platforms and systems
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving business needs and work within a fast paced start-up space.
- Experience in the public health space and/or insurance industry.
- Passionate about area of expertise and eager to continue to learn
- Excellent presentation skills in an online environment
- Global awareness and cultural sensitivity with an interest in working in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Ability to search a variety of large medical and clinical databases to assess clinical & clinic outcomes, and generate professional knowledge-based, succinct summary reviews from scientific literature.
- Medical, scientific or healthcare related experience in a country outside of the United States.
- Additional language competency
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package. The starting base salary for this position will range from $70,000-$80,000. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
Carrot has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work, including Best Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Product from the Anthem Awards, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's 100 Barrier Breaking Startups, and more. Carrot is regularly featured in media reporting on issues related to the future of work, women in leadership, healthcare innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion, including MSNBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, Harvard Business Review, and more.
Carrot is a remote-first company with teams in more than 40 states across the United States and dozens of countries around the world. It has received numerous workplace awards, including Fortune's Best Workplaces in Healthcare, Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Great Place to Work and Age-Friendly Employer certifications. Learn more at carrotfertility.com.