Sales Leader, West
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Looking for an experienced Sales Leader that is ready to be a part of a dynamic team and is ready to put your mark on building and scaling a company to $1B. Candidate has an established history of growing & building high performance teams, a strong focus on sales execution, communication and a demonstrated ability to create and execute successful sales strategies to drive revenue. There is an intense desire to roll up their sleeves, embrace curiosity and collaboration. Lastly, the candidate should be excited about the journey of building & growing a company.
- Culture builder: promoting a positive, inspired, high performance sales environment
- Lead a team of AE’s
- to provide ongoing coaching, training and guidance to ensure;
- AE’s have the knowledge and skills required to effectively understand and communicate value propositions to our customers & prospects.
- AE’s success in meeting sales targets & objectives.
- Planning: Work with AE’s to build out Territory, Account & Opportunity Plans to drive strategy & activity
- Tracking sales metrics: Monitoring and analyzing sales data, pipeline, and key performance indicators to assess team and individual performance, present deal analysis to create and execute both strategic and tactical plans to significantly increase our revenue and market share.
- Execution: Drive discipline of our sales methodology (Sales Path, MEDDPIC) & process with each AE to maximize success.
- Forecasting: Be in the details, know your people, know your history and utilize tools such as clari to drive accurate forecasting.
- Renewals: Building and maintaining relationships with key customers to maximize satisfaction, retention & expansion opportunities
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Software, SaaS & or Biotechnology (Scientific)
- Success driving both transactional and larger strategic deals
- Ability to drive cross functional collaboration with solutions consulting, marketing, product, professional services and customer success teams.
- Experience across the revenue cycle including new bookings, renewals, upsells and expansion
- Ability to identify, hire and develop key talent. Proven ability to build high performance teams and culture
- Experience with sales and success processes to manage a disciplined and repeatable revenue process enabling consistent execution, inspection and improvement
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $163,625 - $221, 375. However, because this role is eligible to participate in Benchling's commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive total on-target earnings of $327,250 - $442,750.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous and flexible vacation
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.