Security Engineer Intern (Summer 2024)
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
- Research and evaluate solutions to known security problems/gaps
- Design and implement security projects, and present results
- Actively participate in mentorship program
- Current enrollment in a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science with a focus in cybersecurity and/or Information Security with an expected graduation date between Dec 2024 and June 2025.
- Interest in one or more of the following areas - software security, vulnerability assessment, threat detection, log analysis, or infrastructure security
- Familiar with a scripting language preferably Python
- Have basic knowledge of current cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities
- A prior security engineering or information security program internship.
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. For this role, the hourly pay is $60.00 per hour.
PLEASE NOTE: University Recruiting team reviews every application, you'll receive an update on your application status within a few weeks.
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.