Physical Security Site Lead
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
As a Physical Security Site Lead for the Benchling HQ office, you will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining the physical security measures at a corporate office location. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of Benchling employees, visitors, and company assets. This position requires a strong understanding of security protocols, excellent communication skills, and the ability to handle challenging situations with professionalism.
- Security Operations: Implement and manage all physical security measures, including access control systems, CCTV surveillance, alarm systems, and visitor management protocols. Ensure compliance with company policies, industry standards, and local regulations.
- Threat Assessment: Conduct regular security assessments to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to mitigate identified risks effectively.
- Emergency Preparedness: Develop and maintain emergency response plans, including evacuation procedures, crisis management protocols, and business continuity strategies. Conduct drills and train employees on emergency protocols.
- Incident Management: Respond promptly and appropriately to security incidents, such as theft, vandalism, or safety breaches. Coordinate with law enforcement agencies, internal teams, and external vendors as necessary. Conduct thorough investigations and prepare detailed incident reports.
- Security Awareness: Promote a culture of security awareness and vigilance among employees. Conduct training sessions and educational programs on topics such as access control, personal safety, and cybersecurity best practices.
- Security Technology Management: Stay updated on the latest security technologies and trends. Evaluate and recommend improvements to security systems, equipment, and procedures to enhance overall effectiveness and efficiency.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate with external security service providers, contractors, and suppliers to ensure the delivery of high-quality services and products.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or 4+ years of experience working as a Security receptionist or Security Officer in a corporate office environment
- Proven experience in physical security operations, preferably in a corporate or high-profile environment.
- Strong knowledge of security technologies, including access control systems, CCTV surveillance, alarms, and visitor management systems.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations, industry standards, and best practices in physical security.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to handle high-pressure situations calmly and effectively.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Proficiency in using security software and systems, as well as standard office productivity tools.
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours and respond to emergencies as needed.
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $55,000 to $74,750.
To help you determine which zone applies to your location, please see this resource. If you have questions regarding a specific location's zone designation, please contact a recruiter for additional information.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.