Product Manager, Modified Biologics
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
The fields of small and large molecule drug discovery are becoming increasingly intertwined as scientists create novel modalities that combine both small and large molecule components. For example, antibody drug conjugates take advantage of antibody specificity to deliver potent small molecules to attack cancer with limited side effects. Chemically modified RNA also adds chemical modifications to mRNA to create vaccines that are more stable once administered. Not only are there limited purpose built tools to support these new modality types, legacy software purposefully silos large and small molecule data making it impossible for scientists to design and register these new modalities.
The Modified Biologics team at Benchling builds products that enable scientists to design and model ground breaking modalities that span both small and large molecule science. As the product manager for Modified Biologics, you will partner closely with engineering and design to set the product strategy and build and launch new products that address the needs of scientists working on novel modified therapeutics. You will also own our existing modified nucleotide and chemical molecule entity products that serve as the foundation for future products.
- You will set the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for modified biologics at Benchling in a way that serves scientists needs and aligns with business priorities
- You will relentlessly prioritize the team’s backlog, delivering incremental customer value and constantly soliciting feedback and tracking metrics to make sure you build the right thing.
- Beyond practicing empathy with our customers, you will become a subject matter authority on modified biologics and be able to hold your own in scientific discussions them
- In partnership with engineering and design, you will use agile methodologies to execute against the roadmap and operate as one team
- You will develop a deep understanding of the Benchling product and platform, using that knowledge to improve it even beyond your area of focus
- You’ve successfully built and led enterprise software products, preferably in the life sciences R&D space.
- You have a degree in molecular biology, chemistry, or related scientific field OR equivalent work experience in this area. You are comfortable getting into the weeds of our customer’s science.
- You possess influential leadership and interpersonal skills that enable you to build strong relationships with customers, company peers, and leadership.
- You thrive in the challenge of distilling clarity and focus from ambiguity and complexity, and are a strong problem solver that can gather, prioritize, and drive execution on customer and business requirements, turning them into successful product strategies.
- You are excellent at listening to others and articulating ideas in written and oral form, both for internal and external communication.
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $167,110 to $226,090.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.