Customer Success Manager - Named
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Benchling believes in putting our customers at the center of everything we do. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and our users from the first touchpoint, through our implementations, and once they are live. We take pride in our world-class renewal rates, and Customer Success is an essential part of this equation. To keep up with our rapidly expanding growth, we are building a team of seasoned Customer Success Managers with experience in Life Sciences, who can help grow the organization, develop our processes, and drive execution.
Our Customer Success Management (CSM) team works alongside our Professional Services, Product, and Sales teams to help customers enhance the value of their Benchling investments. CSMs will work directly with our customers, and develop strategies and tactics to drive adoption, promote usage of new features, drive product strategy, recommend best practices, and ensure there is ongoing expansion of Benchling within our customer base. CSMs will know how to identify areas of improvement, and how to work with customers and internal teams to drive progress on customer initiatives.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders at our customer’s organizations
- Define and implement customer lifecycle touch points, including business reviews, customer satisfaction surveys, reference programs, case studies, and others
- Develop programs to drive usage and retention of Benchling’s solutions
- Create goals, action plans, playbooks, and key metrics based on each customer’s objectives, and review progress on a regular basis with the customer and with CS leadership
- Demonstrate and promote the latest features and capabilities Benchling is releasing, ensure customers are using key product features to improve success
- Identify client challenges and risk areas, develop solutions, and implement proactively to avoid churn, collaborating with other Benchling teams including Support, Services, Product, and Sales, as required
- Align and collaborate with Sales on renewal forecasts and up-sell strategies, with a focus on customer retention
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journey mapping, voice-of-customer, and product feedback sessions to drive a magnificent customer experience and foster a company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Partner with Solutions Consulting and Product Marketing to determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate customer ROI
- BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar Life Science field with 2+ years experience in Life Sciences, ideally in a lab or research setting
- 5+ years of Customer Success, Professional Services, or Consulting experience in a SaaS software environment with the ability to forge relationships with users, decision makers, and influential stakeholders
- Deep understanding of Life Sciences R&D processes and scientific concepts. Demonstrated ability to immediately interface and build trust with Scientists, as well as Director & VP Level Business and IT leaders in top-20 Biotech and Pharma companies
- Strong project management skills and the ability to influence without authority, hands on enterprise implementation experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate confidently and concisely in verbal, written and presentation formats to all types of audiences
- Self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to travel 20-30% based on customer needs
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $132,345 - $179,055.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous and flexible vacation
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
#LI-TD1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.