RNA Science Intern
Beam is looking for a highly motivated intern to join our RNA Science Team from June to August of 2024. The intern will assist in screening different sequences of mRNA and chemical modification to enhance the quality of mRNA used across multiple programs. Specifically, this role will involve performing and optimizing in vitro transcription (IVT) reactions and running biochemical assays and chromatographic analysis to characterize the mRNA products. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-oriented, persistent, and has an innovative mindset toward solving technical challenges. This position will play a central role in advancing our core mRNA technology, while providing the individual exposure to one of the most important classes of medication of the 21st century.
- Produce mRNA with novel sequences and chemistry via IVT reactions.
- Thoroughly analyze the product by capillary electrophoresis, gel electrophoresis, and high-performance liquid-chromatography.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to perform editing experiments in cells.
- Maintain detailed documentation of experiments in the ELN system.
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in biological sciences or a related field (Bioengineering, Biochemistry/Biophysics, Cell Biology/Molecular Biology) with at least 1 year of relevant laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of biochemical & molecular biology methods used in drug discovery and development.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis
- Experience maintaining a lab notebook and following written protocols.
- Motivated to learn and detail oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills.