Cell Biology Intern, Non-Clinical Development
Beam is looking for a highly motivated intern for an exciting opportunity within the Cell Biology team in the Non-Clinical Development department from June through August 2024. This individual will support cell banking operations for Beam’s cell bank. This opportunity will provide the training required to be proficient in mammalian cell culture and banking practices while offering exposure to Cell Biology workstreams in a non-clinical development setting. In addition, this individual will participate in mammalian cell culture and maintenance, managing and organizing the cell bank, testing banked cells, onboarding new cell lines, and characterization of mammalian cell lines and primary cells.
- Culture, maintain, and characterize mammalian cell lines and primary human cells.
- Cryopreservation of cells and their banking.
- Maintenance and organization of the cell bank inventory .
- Handle multiple cell lines, each with unique media requirements, growth conditions, and doubling time.
- Preparation of media components.
- Detailed and diligent record keeping in Benchling, our electronic laboratory notebook software.
- Pursuing a BS in biological sciences or a related field (Bioengineering, Biochemistry/Biophysics, Cell Biology/Molecular Biology).
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience in maintaining a lab notebook and following written protocols.
- Motivated to learn, proactive, and detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills.