Senior Manager/Associate Director, Patient Advocacy
Beam is looking for a highly energetic and motivated Senior Manager/Associate Director, Patient Advocacy and Centricity to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for leading patient advocacy efforts for our Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) program and help to ensure our core focus on patients here at Beam. This role is responsible for developing and supporting our patient advocacy strategy for Beam’s lead clinical development program. The successful candidate will have an ability to represent the patient voice at Beam, work well cross-functionally, and problem solve.
- Lead patient advocacy function for our Sickle Cell Disease program, helping ensure our core focus on patients at Beam.
- Engage and partner with patient advocacy organizations, key opinion leaders, policy makers, and patients/caregivers to advance Beam’s patient-oriented objectives and mission.
- Identify and advance projects, programs, and events to understand and address patient and caregiver needs in the sickle cell disease community.
- Collaborate with clinical development and regulatory functions including the patient perspective in clinical trial design and in disseminating Beam and clinical trial information to advocacy groups and patients.
- Collaborate with professional organizations and key opinion leaders to support advocacy and policy engagement and educate on Beam’s science, research, and development programs.
- Build and lead relationships with various advocacy groups and professional organizations to ensure productive partnerships and alliance.
- Implement strategies to drive disease awareness, patient speaker engagement, clinical trial awareness, and policy improvements.
- Oversee company-sponsored patient advocacy events to appropriately engage employees and champion the patient voice and experience to further the patient-centric mindset.
- Interfaces with medical affairs when a part of the organization to ensure coordination and alignment with KOL, ad boards and medical education activities.
- Serves as a representative of the organization to ensure information communicated is accurate and up to date regarding organizational activities and industry trends.
- Stays current of new developments and ideas in the field of advocacy relations and incorporates such developments, ideas and strategies into the development and execution of programs.
- Ensures department’s adherence to company policies and quality system requirements, as well as other legal and regulatory directives.
- 10+ years of biopharmaceutical/industry experience with 5+ years of direct patient experience
- Bachelor’s degree required / MS, RN, Licensed Social Worker, or Certified Genetic Counselor preferred.
- Understanding of needs of those living with rare diseases and the impact on their lives; strong knowledge of Sickle Cell Disease strongly preferred.
- Experience with patient advocacy engagement activities such as: patient meetings and seminars is preferred but not required.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills that can build and progress relationships internally and externally
- Ability to lead and independently drive projects forward with tangible results
- Must be agile and able to adapt to the quick pace of a rapidly growing company
- Travel: 25-40% (patient meetings, headquarters on quarterly basis)