Director, Program Management
As an experienced Project and Program Manager, you will play a critical role in achieving outcomes for our innovative next-generation gene editing programs at Beam. You will report to the Vice President, Head of Program Management, working collaboratively on the assigned programs and strategic initiatives to manage and integrate diverse drug discovery and development activities. You will empower team members, integrate perspectives, enable flexibility, streamline operations, and accelerate programs. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual that is extremely driven, detailed, and has a track record of proven success managing therapeutics programs and cross-functional projects in the biotechnology industry.
Overall accountability for program operations, including:
- Driving the core program team by partnering closely with the Program Lead and other core team members to manage all operational aspects of the program.
- Managing and integrating program plans and cross-functional deliverables (e.g., timelines, budgets, resource allocation, identification of risks and barriers, identification of mitigation plans, development of scenarios, and integrate key documents like TPPs and IDPs).
- Ensuring cross-functional alignment and organizational support for the program plan and by facilitating internal and external stakeholder management, as well as communicating of program updates at internal forums.
Drive cross-functional initiatives that support operational excellence.
- Support identification on areas for improvement, as well as facilitating feedback on potential strategies to achieve successful outcomes.
- Support governance and other key leadership forums by developing agendas, dashboards, and other supportive content to drive productive conversations.
- Support key portfolio activities such as long-range planning and budgeting by partnering with functions on portfolio plans and resourcing.
- 7-10+ years of experience in the life sciences industry, with at least 5 years of demonstrated program management experience leading cross-functional teams in biotechnology.
- BS required, with preference on candidates with an advanced degree (MS, PhD, MBA, etc.).
- Experience driving cell and/or gene therapy programs is preferred.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, influence and integrate a team, identify barriers, and manage budgets, timelines, and meeting plans.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and team building skills, including having experience with conflict resolution and real time problem solving.
- Thorough understanding of the R&D phases within a fast-moving biopharmaceutical organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and experience with project management tools are required.