General Manager, Los Angeles
AvantStay delivers world class, authentic, tech-enabled short-term rental (“STR”) group experiences targeted at the millennial generation. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry. We deliver a customized end-to-end experience that is tailored just for groups and powered with technology at every layer.
AvantStay, a fast-growing, venture-funded company in the booming short-term rental industry, is seeking a General Manager for the designated market. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, operationally-minded leader with a knack for growth, relationship-building, and an unyielding commitment to delivering world-class, tech-enabled experiences for our customers.
Must reside within a short drive of our vacation rental properties in the designated area.
- Lead a team of local personnel, investing in their development and coaching them towards successful execution of their roles. Including hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating performance and delegating tasks to field operations personnel.
- Carrying out essential administrative duties to support daily operations and assigning tasks to team members as necessary.
- Addressing guest and homeowner concerns by responding in a timely manner to emails, calls, texts, Slack messages, and tickets.
- Serving as the main point of contact to establish and cultivate relationships with the owners of AvantStay properties by effectively communicating with them, reviewing their owner distribution statements, and keeping apprised of the status of their property. Additionally, acting as a bridge between the property owners and the internal departments of AvantStay.
- Supervising the progress and rectification of guest and/or homeowner issues and escalations, ensuring they are resolved within the designated time frame. Monitoring the quality of the resolution and taking appropriate actions as needed to ensure customer and homeowner satisfaction.
- Drive growth in the market through effective management of owner relationships, sourcing vendors, and building new partnerships with local businesses.
- Act as the primary point of contact for property owners, providing timely communication and reviewing owner statements.
- Develop and execute local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted at owners, consumers and partners.
- Meeting and maintaining AvantStay standards and metrics related to owner satisfaction.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams across the organization to communicate product and process needs to continually improve AvantStay's services in the market.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market to guide strategic decisions and initiatives.
- Oversee daily operations, including sourcing and managing vendors and services, managing contracts, and ensuring that the AvantStay properties in the market are efficiently managed and guest-ready quickly.
- Act swiftly to handle and resolve property issues, ensuring minimum downtime and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Drive continual improvements in guest and homeowner experiences, proactively resolving issues to ensure satisfaction.
- Monitor compliance with AvantStay standards and regulations, conducting regular inspections of properties as necessary.
- Coordinate and/or oversee housekeeping or routine rental maintenance tasks to ensure all homes are guest ready.
- Participate in the "On Call" rotation for market support after hours.
- 5+ years of business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development, or a similar area. Experience in a rapidly changing environment or a start-up is a plus.
- Proven track record of driving growth and building relationships in a market.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and execute smart partnerships.
- Data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment.
- Ability and availability to work weekends, holidays, and with a flexible work schedule to fit current business needs.
- Reliable car and a valid driver’s license. Must reside within a short drive of our vacation rental properties in the Hilton Head area.
- Experience in Hospitality and/or Real Estate and Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) designation are a plus.
- Excellent self-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and deliver work to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English is required.
- If you're a dynamic leader with a passion for hospitality and a desire to make a tangible impact in a fast-growing company, we'd love to hear from you!
- The role has an annual salary range of $75,000 - $90,000 dependent on your skills and experience, plus bonus/commission for each homeowner referred to AvantStay
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Sick leave and a generous PTO policy, including volunteer and quarterly mental health days
- 8 company observed holidays per calendar year
- 8 weeks of parental leave after 3 months of service with the company
- Discounted stays at our properties
- Perks at work
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement
When you join AvantStay
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Always
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.