Maintenance Supervisor, Key West
AvantStay delivers world class, authentic, tech-enabled short-term rental (“STR”) group experiences targeted at the millennial generation. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry. We deliver a customized end-to-end experience that is tailored just for groups and powered with technology at every layer.
What we are looking for
AvantStay is looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor who will be responsible for ensuring that the property maintenance meets the company standards and those set by law. As the go-to person for maintenance on our team, you'll help troubleshoot basic to intermediate issues at our properties, fix inadequate parts of homes to make them functional, as well as conduct general home improvement tasks.
The Maintenance Supervisor will perform scheduled maintenance as directed as well as diagnose problems and repairs on electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry wall, appliances etc. This position will schedule, monitor and perform maintenance, and respond to work order requests from the team.
The Maintenance Supervisor will inspect properties and the grounds for safety and cleanliness, and occasionally recommend and work with outside contractors as needed. The requirements for this position include a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in general property maintenance. A current driver's license and proof of automobile insurance are also required. Must have experience with scheduling, purchase ordering, painting and all basic service requests, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a polite and professional approach and excellent customer service skills. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate strong leadership abilities and organizational skills. Position may require weekend and holiday work.
Must reside within a short drive of our properties in the designated area.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Area Managers to resolve maintenance issues in your market
- Perform maintenance to our properties such as repairing furniture, unclogging drains, painting, and replacing broken items
- Prioritize and proactively resolve maintenance issues for guest arrival homes
- 80% of the time you will be performing hands on maintenance
- 20% of the time you will support the Area Manager with assigning work to 3rd party vendors when the situation admits it.
- Assist in obtaining quotes of all extensive maintenance work assigned to all 3rd party vendors
- Thoroughly document all maintenance and billing details in our task management system
- Maintain organization and upkeep of supplies in storage such as tools, extra furniture and lamps, space heaters, and fans
- Assist in the onboarding of new properties, performing general maintenance/touchups, and installing basic security components (doorbells, cameras, etc)
- Move heavy objects and be on your feet for prolonged periods of time
- 3-5 years of experience in property management, hotel, or apartment complex maintenance
- Prior experience conducting home maintenance
- Deep understanding of all home upkeep tasks and knowledge of electrical, plumbing, pool, HVAC and landscaping work
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
- Love of handy work
- Great communication skills and the ability to think on your feet
- A perfectionist attitude and an obsession over all the details
- Must have a smartphone
- Tech savviness to troubleshoot home technology issues and comfort navigating apps to document work
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to be self-sufficient and independently complete jobs
- Must provide your own tools
- Must be able to access the market by car in 20-30 minutes
- Must have a reliable car
- Must have the ability and availability to work weekends, holidays, and with an overall flexible work schedule to fit current business needs
- Business needs dictate hands on in market presence.
- Starting hourly rate of $25, depending on your skills and experience
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Sick leave and a generous PTO policy, including volunteer and quarterly mental health days
- 8 company observed holidays per calendar year
- 8 weeks of parental leave after 3 months of service with the company
- Discounted stays at our properties
- Perks at work
- Team bonding events
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement
When you join AvantStay
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Always
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
No soliciting from staffing agencies. Thank you!