Assistant Area Manager, Telluride
AvantStay delivers world class, authentic, tech-enabled short-term rental (“STR”) group experiences targeted at the millennial generation. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry. We deliver a customized end-to-end experience that is tailored just for groups and powered with technology at every layer.
What we are looking for
As an Assistant Area Manager, you will support the Area Manager in all the day to day operational activities related to our AvantStay properties in the designated area. You will ensure a superior guest experience by auditing properties, managing supplies, and responding to concerns in a timely fashion. This position does require close proximity to the market and will require frequent travel to various sites within the designated area.
Must reside within a short drive of our vacation rental properties in the designated area.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, which may not be an exhaustive list:
- Reporting to the Area Manager and performing assigned tasks, while also filling in as the market lead and personnel manager in the absence of both the Area Manager and Senior Assistant Area Manager, if applicable to the market.
- Serving as a reliable point of contact for the owners of AvantStay properties by effectively communicating with them in a timely manner and reviewing their owner distribution statements. Additionally, acting as a bridge between the property owners and the internal departments of AvantStay.
- Meeting and maintaining AvantStay standards and metrics related to owner satisfaction.
- Collaborating with the in-market team to ensure efficient and effective operations, including training, coaching, and evaluating the performance of other field operations personnel.
- Monitoring the progress of guest or homeowner issues, ensuring they are resolved within the designated time frame. Reviewing the quality of the resolution and taking appropriate actions as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Exercising independent judgment in proactively identifying issues or quality assurance concerns at the properties and taking appropriate action to address them and/or assign rectification duties to other field operations personnel.
- Carrying out essential, non-manual administrative duties to support daily operations, free from direct supervision.
- Coordinating and/or overseeing housekeeping or routine rental maintenance tasks, such as changing linens, moving furniture, changing light bulbs, troubleshooting cable, or addressing wifi issues.
- Ensuring all homes have appropriate inventory levels of consumables and linens for the select market.
- Conducting regular inspections of properties to ensure compliance with Avantstay standards and regulations, as necessary and in the event of lack of sufficient market coverage in the requisite area.
- Addressing guest and homeowner concerns by responding in a timely manner to emails, calls, texts, Slack messages, and tickets.
- Frequently traveling to various properties within the designated area to support operations and ensure compliance.
- Being part of rotating “On Call” after hours for market support.
- 2+ years of hospitality or customer-facing experience
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint); Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Ability and availability to work weekends, holidays, and with an overall flexible work schedule to fit current business needs
- Reliable, snow-ready vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to spend a majority of working time standing, walking, and driving to properties
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, stoop, and occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Excellent self-management skills, and the ability to prioritize and deliver work to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Responsiveness via Slack and email
- Experience in Hospitality and/or Real Estate and Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) designation are a plus.
- Must reside in the designated area.
- Business needs dictate hands on in market presence.
- The role has an annual starting salary of $55,000 + bonus dependent on your skills and experience
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Sick leave and a generous PTO policy, including volunteer and quarterly mental health days
- 8 company observed holidays per calendar year
- 8 weeks of parental leave after 3 months of service with the company
- Discounted stays at our properties
- Perks at work
- Team bonding events
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement
When you join AvantStay
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Always
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
No soliciting from staffing agencies. Thank you!