Associate Scientist I/II - siRNA Screening
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing novel branched siRNA therapeutics to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust and growing internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in patients’ lives. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist I/II to be part of the dynamic and collaborative In Vitro Biology team. This individual will contribute to cell-based screening of therapeutic oligonucleotides under direction of the HTS lab head. They will be responsible for routine cell line maintenance, cell cryobank management, cell-based assay development, and execution of siRNA efficacy screens to support preclinical drug development for multiple therapeutic targets. The Associate Scientist I/II will be flexible to changing priorities/timelines and have strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills.
- Standardizeand execute rigorous cell-based microplate assays for the quantitation of oligonucleotide, mRNA or protein levels
- Identify and/or generate stable mammalian cell lines for target evaluation
- Perform cell culture and transfection techniques to ensure the successful delivery of siRNA molecules
- Develop and optimize high-throughput screening assays and protocols
- Cultivate and maintain various cell lines, ensuring their viability and quality for screening experiments
- Manage and maintain the cell cryobank, including the freezing, thawing, and characterization of cell lines
- Analyze and interpret data using various analytics tools and software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.)
- Communicate study designs, progress and results through strong interpersonal interactions as well as slide presentations and reports
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant biological science (e.g. Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 0-5 plus years of experience is required; Position level commensurate with experience
- Experience and familiarity with mammalian cell culture and strong interest in microplate-based assay development, optimization and validation is ideal
- Familiarity with cell cryopreservation techniques and best practices is preferred
- Experience with isolation of nucleic acids and/or proteins is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad Prism) is highly preferred
- Ability to work and think independently and contribute as a part of a highly-matrixed team
- Ability to carefully analyze, organize and present data effectively to internal teams is required
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.