Director, Information Technology
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing novel branched siRNA therapeutics to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust and growing internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in patients’ lives. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking a hands-on and customer-focused Director, IT to manage and build our information technology function. Reporting to the Head of Finance and IT, this individual will collaborate closely with colleagues, senior management and other stakeholders to assess user needs and ensure success of IT managed services. The Director, IT will interact with all levels of employees to support a wide range of technologies and core business systems, including on-premises and cloud systems. The successful candidate will be capable of working at a strategic level but also be ready and willing to roll up their sleeves to troubleshoot hardware/software issues in a timely fashion with a positive attitude. The ability to work cross-functionally will be critical to finding, implementing, and continuously improving practical and scalable technology solutions. The ideal candidate will play a key role in the evolution of Atalanta’s technology landscape.
- Responsible for both the longer term, strategic vision of the IT function as well as support of the day-to-day operations of the IT function.
- Develop an IT roadmap and prioritization of systems to support Atalanta’s strategic goals and organizational growth.
- Provide leadership and organizational oversight of Managed Service Providers (MSPs) as part of our outsourced IT model.
- Manage and maintain an up-to-date inventory of IT assets (i.e. computers, monitors, docking stations, key fobs, etc.), tracking equipment allocations, usage, and ensuring the availability of equipment for new and existing employees.
- Develop and streamline the process for IT equipment provisioning in partnership with IT MSP, including hardware/software installation and user account setup to ensure a smooth and efficient experience for new and existing employees.
- Oversee and implement all IT policies, procedures and plans for security, data center, desktops and infrastructure based on industry-standard best practices.
- Keep current on the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and training to end-users as necessary.
- Manage software licensing and inventory to ensure compliance with software vendors' policies and regulations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure IT systems align with business needs and objectives.
- Lead IT project planning, including requirements gathering, scoping, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Design and implement IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, network, and security systems.
- Support lab IT environment including software, hardware, and configurations.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in an IT infrastructure and support role with increasing responsibility.
- Experience working in an outsourced IT model with third-party managed service providers (MSPs) within a small, fast-moving biotech or related life sciences field is preferred.
- Strong customer service mindset and ability to provide excellent end-user support are critical.
- Demonstrated experience with industry-standard computer hardware and software systems, including familiarity with Microsoft technologies, including 365, Teams, Azure, etc.
- Approachable, responsive and able to proactively communicate risks, issues and recommendations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities to meet the organization's developing needs and growth.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with end-users in identifying and resolving technical issues and communicate technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Demonstrated business process improvement capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial approach and ability to work in a fast-paced, agile, creative and high-growth company environment.
- General knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation, and related terminology is helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- This is an on-premise position. Candidates must have the ability and willingness to work onsite with some limited latitude for working remotely.
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.