AppliedVR is a leader in digital therapeutics, pioneering virtual reality-based treatments that address the complexity of chronic pain. Our mission is to empower patients with the tools to live life, beyond chronic pain. Rooted in cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness, AppliedVR’s EaseVRx is the first VR-based prescription therapeutic to receive ‘Breakthrough Therapy Designation’ by the FDA. Offering a comprehensive approach that encompasses the biological, psychological and social factors that influence how people experience chronic pain. Our solution can easily be self-administered by patients in the comfort of their own homes, at any time, without restrictions tied to a healthcare professional’s schedule – advancing remote care as well as quality and equity in chronic pain management.
Empowering Patients With The Tools to Live Life, Beyond Chronic Pain.
AppliedVR is looking for a mission-driven Research Associate with a passion for transforming healthcare to support the research and development team. Reporting directly to the Clinical Affairs Manager and working closely with the Director of RDI and VP of R&D. The research associate contributes to AVR’s success by executing tasks relevant to our clinical research and ensuring that study protocols are being followed in accordance with regulatory guidelines. They will support the development of accurate and timely documentation (e.g. research protocols, instruments, IRB submissions), data collection, data entry, and data reporting. They will support patient recruitment and lead the data monitoring, patient safety reporting, and participant support for each of our studies. They will oversee and ensure accuracy of CRO set up and will support task management software.
Roles & Responsibilities (are not limited to the following):
- Ensure clinical studies are conducted and documented in accordance with the study protocol, standard operating procedures, good clinical practices and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law
- Create thorough documentation of study protocol and update it as needed
- Craft documentation for data collection processes (survey measures, communication workflows, update CONSORT charts, trial activity charts, and participant tracking documentation).
- Execute recruiting strategies for research participants
- Lead participant support and onboarding activities
- Monitor data completion and data integrity
- Work closely with the supervisor to address Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, protocol deviations, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- Ensure that CRO activities and timelines are in coordination with project requirements.
- Implement and document communication with CRO to ensure project progress.
- Assist in task-management, improving existing systems, processes and programs to optimize the research team efficiency.
- Contribute to the writing of white papers, manuscripts, position papers, conference papers, and other publishable material.
- Contribute to the coding of qualitative and quantitative data and development of UX research insight reports.
- Superior organization skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent analytical thinking skills.
- Four (4) years of directly related experience coordinating clinical trials, either through the NIH, PCORI, industry, or otherwise.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
- Ability to keep detailed, accurate records.
- Advanced organizational and planning skills.
- Experience working with CROs or third-party data catchment systems (e.g. RedCap, Qualtrics).
- Proficiency with google workspace and microsoft office.
- Ability to run basic statistical analyses while using formulas on google sheets or microsoft excel.
- Ability to work autonomously, remotely, in dynamic fast-paced environments, using problem solving skills to adapt to changing demands.
- Use of communication and project management platforms such as Slack, Wrike.com, or Basecamp preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, openness to feedback, and a desire to learn and improve skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field and at least four (4) years of experience in clinical research, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Preferred knowledge of digital health and/or digital therapeutics.
- Experience working with multi-functional project teams.
Remote, Los Angeles when needed
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AVR believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance Statement:
To comply with the American with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, reasonable accommodations are made for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability unless such accommodations create an undue hardship on AVR.