Laboratory Technician, Analytical Development
Affinia Therapeutics is an innovative gene therapy company with a vision to create a paradigm shift by broadening the reach of gene therapy to prevalent diseases. Our proprietary Affinia Rationally-designed Therapies (ART) platform was created to address key efficacy, safety, and cost of goods limitations of conventional gene therapies. We are backed by a strong syndicate of life science investors. Our purpose is to have a dramatic impact on the lives of patients around the world.
You will play a key role in shaping our culture and embodying our values of integrity, passion, and teamwork. You will be working alongside the founding management team who have a track record of success in the industry. The pace of work is dynamic, fast, and fun.
We offer competitive salary and benefits with the ability to make a difference.
Affinia Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic Technician to join our Analytical Development laboratory team. As a member of the team, you will run analytic test methods for routine sample testing to support our process development and manufacturing activities. You will contribute to the evaluation of new analytical technologies and the development of more efficient laboratory workflows to maintain a culture of data quality and excellence.
This position is located in our state-of-the-art facility in Waltham, MA.
- Perform routine testing of in-process and drug substance samples from AAV vector lots
- Utilize analytical methods such as ddPCR, cell-based methods, ELISA, capillary electrophoresis (SCIEX), as well as standard compendial methods
- Author and review test methods, perform peer-review of laboratory data
- Assist with developing or maintaining processes in the Analytical laboratory (e.g. “5-S”, sample management, results management, reagent management, etc)
- Assist with other laboratory maintenance activities such as ordering and organization
- Typically, Associates or Bachelors degree in Biotechnology or related field and 1‐2 years of relative experience
- Experience in analytical techniques including ddPCR, ELISA, and mammalian cell culture
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong mathematical skills, including the ability to prepare dilutions
- Ability to measure accurately and record exact results with attention to significant figures
EEO Statement: Affinia Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.