Scientist I / II, Preclinical Analytics
Affinia Therapeutics is an innovative gene therapy company with a vision to create a paradigm shift by broadening the reach of gene therapy to prevalent diseases. Our proprietary Affinia Rationally-designed Therapies (ART) platform was created to address key efficacy, safety, and cost of goods limitations of conventional gene therapies. We are backed by a strong syndicate of life science investors. Our purpose is to have a dramatic impact on the lives of patients around the world.
You will play a key role in shaping our culture and embodying our values of integrity, passion, and teamwork. You will be working alongside the management team who has a track record of success in the industry. The pace of work is dynamic, fast, and fun.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits with the ability to make a difference.
Affinia Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Scientist (job level will commensurate with experience) to join our Translational Science laboratory team. You will be part of a team dedicated to the advancing of gene therapies based on vectors derived from our unique AAV platform. You will actively contribute to the design, development, and execution of analytical assays supporting studies. As a member of the Translational Science team, you will work to establish methods and analyze samples to meet timelines for our internal development programs. You will contribute to evaluation of new analytical technologies and development of more efficient laboratory workflows as well as maintaining a culture of quality and excellence.
The role is located at our state-of-the-art facility, in Waltham, MA, and reports to the Vice President of Translational Science.
- Lead the development and execution of analytical methods to support preclinical studies using platforms such as ddPCR, qPCR, Western Blotting, and ELISA
- Work cross-functionally with other laboratory teams to coordinate sample testing for timely data generation and reporting and transfer methods as needed
- Plan and execute prequalification/qualification activities for select analytical methods according to appropriate guidelines
- Assist with transfer of qualified assay methods to cross-functional colleagues and CRO partners as needed
- Execute routine sample testing to support preclinical studies
- Organize data for reporting to Translational Sciences, and peer-review data to ensure data quality and integrity
- Implement new laboratory workflows and continuous improvement efforts
- A PhD in scientific discipline with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in relevant academic research and/or R&D environment. Or ~6 years of equivalent experience without a PhD
- A strong record of demonstrating analytical reasoning and creative problem-solving skills in a laboratory environment, including method development, and use of common statistical analysis methods
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including experience writing laboratory SOPs, protocols, and reports
- Ability to organize and communicate scientific data to management and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently to determine and acquire new methods and scientific knowledge
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience developing ELISA and ddPCR methods
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment flexibly and collaboratively
- Operate daily with Integrity, Teamwork, and Passion
- Experience in analysis of preclinical samples for biomarker, biodistribution and safety parameters
- Previous animal tissue processing experience
- Experience with IND-enabling studies
- Familiarity with GXP procedures and regulatory guidelines