Scientist/Associate Scientist - Research
Scientist/Associate Scientist Research
San Diego, CA
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist to support Adcentrx Therapeutics ground-breaking efforts in cancer biotherapeutics drug development. The candidate will join a new team of researchers in San Diego, with the goal of developing novel targeted therapeutics that can make a difference in the life of cancer patients.
The Associate Scientist/Scientist will report to the Principal Scientist and will work closely with members of the research team, as well as the development team. The candidate will be part of a cross-functional team in a highly collaborative and dynamic research environment working closely on a shared mission. The candidate has the opportunity to be mentored and grow over time with increasing responsibilities in the bio-oncology drug development research efforts.
- Design, conduct, and analyze in vitro and in vivo experiments to validate targets and biologics in the context of cancer therapy
- Aid in the analysis of genomic, phenotypic, spatial and molecular data from internal and external sources
- Implement cellular, molecular, and biochemical assays for investigating oncology protein target function as well as selection of biotherapeutics product candidates
- Collaborate with scientists across different departments to accomplish the research goals
- BS or MS degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, cancer genetics, cancer biology, molecular oncology)
- Minimum of 6 years experience in basic research preferably in an industry setting
- Experience in basic cellular and molecular assays, such as cell viability assays, multi-color flow cytometry (FACs), magnetic cell sorting, Western blotting, ELISA, and qPCR
- Cell culture experience required. Experience in antibody-drug conjugate development and immuno-oncology is preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills are necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, GraphPad Prism and FlowJo programs
- Good communication and good team player. Must be able to adapt and execute on objectives quickly.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
Adcentrx Therapeutics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, 401(k), company paid holidays, and stock options.
Adcentrx Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.