Associate Director/Director - Antibody Development
Associate Director/Director Antibody Development
San Diego, CA
We seek a highly talented and motivated leader to drive Adcentrx Therapeutics ground-breaking efforts in cancer biotherapeutics drug development. The candidate will join a new team of researchers in San Diego, with the goal of developing novel targeted therapeutics that can make a difference in the life of
The Associate Director/Director of antibody development will report to the Head of Development and will work closely with members of the development/CMC team. The successful candidate will have a strong technical understanding of development and CMC activities for antibodies including cell line development, manufacturing as well as upstream and downstream process development.
The candidate will be responsible for leading the overall antibody development strategy from preclinical to GMP. Strategic, cross-functional leadership is a must. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to lead and build relationships both internally and with external partners.
The candidate will be part of a cross-functional team in a highly collaborative and dynamic research environment working closely on a shared mission.
- Provide scientific leadership to drive technical innovation
- Lead ongoing antibody development projects
- Liaise with external partners and manufacturing organizations
- Authoring CMC sections of INDs
- Cultivate open and collaborative culture
- Foster a strong culture of innovation and creativity, while ensuring effective project pipeline progression
- Advise project teams and collaborate cross-functionally
- PhD with at least 6 years’ experience in biologics and/or antibody development or manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated record in driving scientific and technical innovations
- Extensive knowledge of technical aspects of antibody process development, analytical development and manufacturing
- Familiarity with current US regulatory guideline, experience in Asia/Europe guidelines is a plus
- Experience in supporting IND submissions
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Ability to collaborate, lead, influence and motivate others
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Adcentrx Therapeutics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, 401(k), company paid holidays, and stock options.
Adcentrx Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.