Marketing Events Manager
Join one of the nation’s leading and most impactful health care performance improvement companies. Over the years, Health Catalyst has achieved and documented clinical, operational, and financial improvements for many of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations. We are also increasingly serving international markets. Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Role: Marketing Events Manager
Location: US, Remote
Travel: >10% (20+ nights/year), US
Join our World-Class Team!
Reporting to the Vice President of Events, as a Marketing Events Manager you will be responsible for the planning and execution of national and regional trade shows, roadshows, and other third-party conferences, aligning event objectives to the company strategy, brand, purpose, and values. This team member will set the benchmark for excellence in execution and will be responsible for ensuring that events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
Overall, event managers must possess a diverse set of skills to effectively plan and execute events. They must have a strong ability to manage multiple tasks, communicate effectively, and creatively solve problems to ensure the event is a success. You must also be metrics-driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data to learn and improve the events program.
This role is a full-time position that is remote or may be based in the Salt Lake City, UT area. Candidate must be flexible to work with employees in all US time zones.
What you'll own in this role:
- Manage all event logistics from contract stage to post-event lead follow-up.
- Analyze, track, and report on event ROI based on predetermined pipeline, revenue, and MQL metrics using Salesforce, email marketing automation, project management, and similar applications
- Engage with key stakeholders as well as internal and external partners throughout the event planning and execution process
- Guide the development of campaigns and strategic marketing activity to promote events
- Manage event budgets related to your responsibilities
- Own accountability for leads, meetings, pipeline, and deals from each event
- Define and execute pre-, during and post-event communications activities
- Analyze event outcomes and prepare recommendations to determine future event investment
- Analyze metrics related to pre-event campaigns and tactics to determine effectiveness and recommend ways to improve
- Ability to travel ~10% of the time (20+ nights/year)
What you'll bring to this role:
- Strategic, self-motivated, curious, innovative, and resourceful
- Dynamic communicator with great oral and written skills
- Big picture thinker and adaptable to changing environments
- Results and metrics-focused; you know how to measure and report out on marketing KPIs and performance
- Detail-oriented, organized, and proactive
- Professional team-player, collaborative, and open to feedback
- Approaches new and different ideas with curiosity and open-mindedness
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline, Master’s degree is a plus
- 2+ years best-in-class national events and trade show experience with a B2B healthcare tech company or similar, proven experience with trade show planning, promotion, execution, budget management, and reporting
- Marketing Automation Platform experience (Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot)
- Strong Salesforce experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize in a demanding environment; works well under pressure and tight deadlines
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
Studies show that candidates from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for roles if they don’t have 100% of the qualifications shown in the job posting. While each of our roles have core requirements, please thoughtfully consider your skills and experience and decide if you are interested in the position. If you feel you may be a good fit for the role, even if you don’t meet all of the qualifications, we hope you will apply. If you feel you are lacking the core requirements for this position, we encourage you to continue exploring our careers page for other roles for which you may be a better fit.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.