Software Engineer, Sr.
Join one of the nation’s leading and most impactful health care performance improvement companies. Over the years, Health Catalyst has achieved and documented clinical, operational, and financial improvements for many of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations. We are also increasingly serving international markets. Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
What you'll do and own in this role:
- High level of responsibility and Ownership from ideation through to execution.
- Should be able to lead/guide a team towards achieving goals and meeting the defined milestones.
- Practice and implement best practices in every aspect of project deliverable.
- Stay up to date with new frameworks and tools and enable the team to use them.
- Ability to thrive under pressure & work in a fast paced, timeline-oriented environment
- Give topmost priority to the quality of deliverables of the team
- Co-ordinate with various teams such as monitoring, backup and Network to ensure proper functioning of all servers and its services
- A genuine intention to work cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together as opposed to working separately or competitively. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; fosters commitment and team spirit; works with others to achieve goals.
- Develop and own solutions, ensuring the viability of proposed solutions and provide support on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project.
- Drive end-to-end solution development.
- Conduct scoping sessions to determine project scope, price and phasing, and deployment plan.
- Work within financial guardrails as provided by the office of Enterprise Architecture
- Support the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of solutions across the Agency.
- Collaborate with the Business Solutions team and Enterprise Architects to understand the future vision and support the strategy of the business.
- Collaborate with other architects to ensure the overall enterprise roadmaps remains actively supported so that it evolves as the business changes
- Ensure the project team is following architecture roadmaps, blueprints, and standards.
- Regularly assesses satisfaction and identifies follow-up education opportunities.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the underlying applications for their designated area and a general understanding of the supporting technology bases
- Subject matter expert in assigned technology domain (i.e. infrastructure, data, application, etc.)
- Remain current on industry-specific technologies and emerging trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to this role:
- Experience with installation of COTS products and the ability to evaluate different tools. Strong concepts on Microservice Architecture (MSA) and SOAP & REST web services.
- Require experience in the following areas: Eclipse, WidlFly, Apache Tomcat, hibernate ORM, JDBC, PostgreSQL, SQL, Bitbucket, Linux, HTML5, CSS3, Spring framework 4.x (including Spring MVC), Spring ecosystem components like Netflix Eureka, Netflix Zuul, Netflix Ribbon, FEIGN Client, Swagger Codegen etc., iText Framework, POI Framework, XMLBeans, regular expressions, XML, Java 1.8, Java IO processing.
- Working knowledge on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) set up, leveraging tools like SonarQube, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, EKS etc.
- Java test automation experience with testing toolkits.
- The candidate will ensure the conversion of mission-critical requirements into enterprise systems solutions that account for the design and technology maturity constraints of the system.
- The scope of these assignments will include software development tool and server system administration, process improvement, design review, and code review.
- Experience in AWS could platform.
- Knowledge and experience in Security controls and the architecture of secure applications.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
Studies show that candidates from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for roles if they don’t have 100% of the qualifications shown in the job posting. While each of our roles have core requirements, please thoughtfully consider your skills and experience and decide if you are interested in the position. If you feel you may be a good fit for the role, even if you don’t meet all of the qualifications, we hope you will apply. If you feel you are lacking the core requirements for this position, we encourage you to continue exploring our careers page for other roles for which you may be a better fit.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.