Staff Software Engineer
At Toast we are focused on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
What is our Mission
Toast has grown to be a leading hospitality software company in the US and is now setting its sights on the global stage. The mission of this team is to bring these technologies and products to our global customers in a localised way. Working closely with international customers we also aim to deliver new purpose built products that fit their market and culture.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build new products for our global customers
- Evolve Toast’s existing products suite to meet global market needs
- Work across software both in the restaurant and the cloud
- Work directly with pilot customers (sometimes in the restaurant!) to ensure successful delivery and operation
- Plan and estimate work to drive the direction of the team
- Collaborate with teams across Toast
- Design and drive the technical architecture
- Review code to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Mentor and coach other engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- Expert in delivering high quality, reliable services to production using Java, Kotlin or other object oriented language(s)
- Drive to work across our tech stack and support other engineers in resolving challenging problems
- Experience supporting and debugging large distributed & multi threaded applications.
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace an agile mindset focused on delivering usable software.
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!