Senior Software Engineer ( Quality Engineering)
Senior Software Engineer- Test Infrastructure
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is scaling rapidly and with that growth comes an exciting new opportunity to join our organization in Bangalore R&D center. Toast is looking for a Senior Software engineer in Test to work with our Fintech Fraud and Risk team who owns critical portions of Toast’s infrastructure: processing payments on behalf of our restaurants and ensuring that restaurants are paid in a timely manner. Payment processing is a key source of Toast’s revenue and also the lifeblood of our customers; we process millions of dollars in transactions per day.
You will be part of Toast’s Bangalore Quality Assurance Team and work closely with Fintech Line Of Business consisting of Engineering,Product to perform testing of their back end services and front end applications including increasing the API automation test coverage using Rest Assured, building scalable automation testing strategy and tools across the Fintech domain, enhancing an existing Selenium/Appium-based framework. Besides functional testing you will own and deliver non-functional testing solutions. You will partner with Fintech developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, and other engineers in the test.
We are looking for an engineer with deep knowledge and hands-on experience with Java,Rest Assured, Selenium based automation frameworks, performance testing tools like Jmeter,Gatling etc. If you want to build scalable and reusable automated testing solutions to increase our efficiency, speed of product launches and take on the challenge of delivering high quality Fintech products, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Advocate for quality across the entire software development life cycle.
- Individual contributor working in collaboration with product management, development engineers and QA team members to refine requirements for defining functional and non-functional automation testing strategies.
- For all product areas of responsibility, ensure adequate automated testing coverage at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- Partner with our Test Infrastructure team and other teams working on automation to create, learn and refine automation best practices and tools.
- Troubleshoot complex server, application, and cloud performance and infrastructure issues.
- Write and review code for test automation.
- Mentor other team members.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in object-oriented languages, preferably Java.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Selenium/Appium based frameworks, API Automation.
- Proficient in Software Development best practices.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics.
- You are respectful, empathetic, and humble.
- You have a growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and continuous improvement of yourself and your team.
- You have a bias for action, with the ability to balance between getting things done and making things perfect.
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- A core of Java & Kotlin, Rest based backend services.
- React Single Page Applications leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
- Bread puns are encouraged but not required.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!