Senior Manufacturing Engineer
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results. In development, the PX system leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as an in-situ readout to look at RNA and proteins in single cells and tissue.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley. This role will be based at our Manufacturing facility.
As a member of the Manufacturing Operations team, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for manufacturing engineering support in the instrument assembly and test department. This person will be a project lead representing operations in transferring new products from R+D through full scale production and release for sale. Working with your peers in science, engineering, and manufacturing you will design and implement manufacturing processes and procedures to enable successful integration and commercialization of the instruments.
As part of a small and dynamic team in a startup operations environment, you will be expected to make multi-disciplinary contributions. This position is ideally suited to a candidate with strong technical ability who is self-motivated and excited by a startup operations environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- New Product Transfer Management – Represent all aspects of Operations and be responsible for leading a team of your peers in creating transfer plans.
- Ensure quality is built into the process and that GMP and DFM are incorporated, resulting in reliability and reproducibility.
- Build the product and cost structure (BOM) into the ERP/MRP system.
- Participate in development design review process, especially in area of design for manufacturing, test and service ability.
- Author electronic manufacturing assembly Work Instructions.
- Troubleshoot and root cause evaluation, implementing corrective actions and remediation in manufacturing instrument assembly line.
- Author test method protocols and manufacturing process validations: IOPQ and TMV/Q.
- Process nonconformances to find root cause and ensure disposition execution.
- BS/MS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or comparable accredited technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience for in instrument systems manufacturing and project management for new product transfers.
- Significant experience with and knowledge of complex instrument systems: electro-mechanical, optics, electronics and fluidics in the Clinical Chemistry Bio or Pharma Instrument Systems field.
- Working knowledge of plastics injection molding, machining and sheet metal, and optics manufacturing processes. Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5.
- Demonstrated expertise authoring and implementing process validations (e.g., TMV, IOPQ, PFMEA.)
- Experience using SolidWorks for mechanical design and modeling.
- Competence with common metrology and laboratory instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Previous experience in Continuous Improvement – Kaizen, standard work, 5S, problem solving, etc.
- This position requires soft skills to be part of a cross functional team, with excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Experience writing and interpreting Python code.
- Experience with next generation sequencers (NGS) and how they function.
- Experience with optics, optical alignment and optical principles.
- Experience using Confluence and Jira software.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $91,000 - $126,900. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.