Field Service Engineer 2
ABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICS
Singular Genomics is inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science technology company that is leveraging novel, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and multi-omics technologies to build products that empower researchers and clinicians. The G4 Sequencing Platform, our first commercially available product, is a powerful, highly versatile benchtop genomic sequencer designed to produce fast and accurate results. In development, the PX system leverages Singular’s proprietary sequencing technology, applying it as an in-situ readout to look at RNA and proteins in single cells and tissue.
We are committed to unlocking the potential of our core technologies to reshape the future of genomics. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where employees can make a significant impact in a rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and diversity of thought are pillars of our culture.
Our Headquarters are located on the Torrey Pines Mesa, in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub. Our Manufacturing facility is in Sorrento Valley.
Position Summary: As a Field Service Engineer 2, you will be responsible for installation, preventive maintenance, and all other instrument services at Customer sites. You will also be responsible for maintaining complete and accurate records for services rendered. This role is to be based remotely, servicing the East Coast region. Preferred home base location is in the Boston region.
This role is ideally suited to a candidate who is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly encountered.
- Installation and deinstallation of Singular Genomics instruments at client sites.
- Service, repair and perform preventive maintenance on Singular Genomics instruments.
- Assess maintenance needs and implement a plan of action for instrument service.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date record log for services rendered.
- Maintain accurate service spares inventory.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers.
- Work closely with the Systems Integration and Engineering team to analyze and debug field hardware issues.
- Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact schedules, accuracy and reliability of data, and product quality.
- Associate degree or equivalent additional years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in field service. Experience with complex scientific or medical instrumentation is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Computer experience and literacy.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong mechanical/electrical fundamentals and analytical background.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured approach.
- Ability to work in a lab environment including but not limited to pipetting, handling DNA samples, and following lab protocols.
- Experience with ticket / case management software to track service calls.
- A wide degree of creativity is expected including the ability to multi-task and work productively in a demanding environment with changing priorities. Ability to independently complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SalesForce.com and other related software
- Demonstrated capability of maintaining professional composure in stressful situations.
- Physical requirements: ability to lift at least 40 lbs. and ability to stand for long periods of time.
Nice to have:
- Linux experience is a plus.
- Microscopy, NGS sequencing, and fluidic instrumentation experience preferred.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $71,687 - $106,375. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Should the level of the role change during the hiring process, the applicable salary range may be updated accordingly. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment for any "Field" position, Singular Genomics requires proof of COVID vaccination (subject to limited exceptions).
Singular Genomics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: Singular Genomics does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Singular Genomics employees.
Something looks off?