Marketing Coordinator, 12 month FTC
The Marketing Senior Coordinator works closely with the marketing team and key account managers to deliver marketing tactics. This role involves coordinating key customer engagement efforts in line with commercial and brand strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning and execution of commercial initiatives
- Assists marketing and KAM colleagues in key administrative tasks and coordinating tasks
- Coordinates commercial budget management processes including development of service statements and contracts, purchase order process and budget reconciliation/reporting
- Manages production, stocks and warehouse of marketing material, as well as maintaining inventory of promotional goods
- Provides general support for marketing projects via the electronic approval tool
- Supports specific marketing projects (e.g., coordinating execution of meeting plan, developing non-core marketing and patient materials, market research projects, etc.)
- Develops strong relationship with outside vendors and customers to ensure high-quality service and timeliness
- Coordinates offsite meetings for team as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Developed project management experience and organizational skills required
- Basic analytical skills
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to professionally communicate, both verbal and written, interdependencies with the team and others
- Prior experience of budget and vendor management is a must
- Ability to support meetings, conventions, tradeshows, exhibitions, and the requisite support services
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines on multiple items
- Knowledge of agency creative language and promotional phrasing
- Understanding of promotional approval process and regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical marketing
- Project management certification is a plus
Education and Experience:
- High School or secondary school diploma
- Typically requires 3 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pharma experience required
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.