Senior Programmer, Statistical Programming (Remote)
The Senior Statistical Programmer provides Statistical Programming support to clinical sub-teams with supervision on projected related programming task. The Senior Statistical Programmer is proactive about asking questions and proposing suggestions to improve processes. In addition, the Senior Statistical Programmer supports clinical sub-team(s) for a limited number of studies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Displays basic familiarity with many of the SAS procedures and options commonly used in clinical trial reporting including the Macro language, BASE SAS, SAS/STAT and SAS/GRAPH
• Codes SAS programs for applications designed to analyze and report clinical trial data and for electronic submissions of data in CDlSC format with instruction or input from supervisor
• Performs quality control checks of SAS code and output produced by other Statistical Programmers to ensure accuracy and consistency within group
• Demonstrates emerging knowledge of clinical development and medical data
• Solves straightforward clinical trial reporting problems and has a proven technical proficiency in supporting daily operations and ensuring that project tasks are completed accurately and on schedule under supervision
• Demonstrates intermediate knowledge of electronic submissions and CDlSC
• Works with internal staff and external vendors to implement and optimize CDlSC transformation activities
• Supports daily operations and ensures that project tasks are completed accurately and on schedule
Knowledge and Skills:
- Competence with SAS
- Working knowledge of CDISC Standards
- Working knowledge of clinical trials
- Effective communication (written and verbal) skills to exchange complex information with others
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in a Scientific Discipline
Basic functional SAS skills
Effective Communication (written and verbal) skills, especially within area(s) of expertise
Pay Range 107,920.00 – 161,880.00 USD annually
The range provided is based on what we believe is a reasonable estimate for the base salary pay range for this job at the time of posting. This role is eligible for an annual bonus and annual equity awards. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements. Actual base salary pay will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
At Vertex, our Total Rewards offerings also include inclusive market-leading benefits to meet our employees wherever they are in their career, financial, family and wellbeing journey while providing flexibility and resources to support their growth and aspirations. From medical, dental and vision benefits to generous paid time off (including a week-long company shutdown in the Summer and the Winter), educational assistance programs including student loan repayment, a generous commuting subsidy, matching charitable donations, 401(k) and so much more.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.