Benefits Senior Manager, 18m Fixed Term Contract (Hybrid)
This project based role will be the benefits representative for employees, and collaborates with peer managers and leaders throughout Human Resources to craft plan designs, oversee plan administration, budget management, and management of vendor relations, across International Regions.
- Conduct an in depth market reviews for several countries, to ensure market competitive benefits continue to align to the Vertex Total Reward principles
- Support with the review and development of Benefit enrolment processes across International markets to ensure seamless hand offs across the different process owners and are well documented
- Support with the development and set-up of new country benefits
- Review of all International annual leave policies, ensuring these are up to date and compliant with local legislation
- Comprehensive review of the International company car policy to ensure market competitive benefits continue to align to the Vertex Total Reward principles
- Responsible for the vision, analysis, research, communication, and administration of strategic employee benefit programs, and the processes associated with supporting these programs.
- Ensures that these programs support the company’s growth strategy, business objectives, and talent acquisition and retention goals; while maximizing total compensation value and responsibly managing the Company’s investment.
- Relevant educational degree
- Strong functional expertise in benefits program design and administration in Europe/ UK
- Excellent analytical skills - a problem solver with an ability making decisions and high attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of government regulations that apply to benefit programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to interpret contractual language and translate to non-technical audiences; comfortable in group presentations and negotiations
- Strong software skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and HR systems.
Our position is based in London, and requires 3 days per week in Paddington office.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.