Business Engagement & Technology Principal Analyst - Coupa & P2P Platform Owner
The Business Engagement & Technology Principal Analyst – Platform Owner, Coupa and P2P Platforms will provide functional and technical leadership, expertise, partnership, and support for the Accounting/Finance business area at Vertex, focusing primarily on Procure to Pay related applications and platforms. The incumbent will work primarily on Coupa Business Spend Management, Coupa Supplier Information Management and Kofax AP Essentials applications and manage them as the DTE system owner. Primary responsibilities include collaborating with managed service provider and the application vendors to oversee the day-to-day operational IT service management of these platforms, application maintenance and upgrades, to ensure high availability in a fully compliant manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with DTE team members, managed service partners and external software vendors to manage the production as well as non-production environments for P2P applications.
- Lead the assessment, investigation, resolution, status / KPI reporting of incidents and tasks using our IT Service management tools for the assigned P2P applications.
- Participate in the assessment, approval and implementation of changes according to Vertex change management processes and procedures.
- Ensure that the system design is consistent and supportive of the Vertex security architecture and standards.
- Support service / system technical activities including development and configuration and infrastructure to ensure that technical requirements for the service / system are defined and met and that the technical content of deliverables is accurate.
- In conjunction with project teams, conduct initial assessments to confirm that what is being configured or developed for the assigned P2P applications meets the business needs and work with development / configuration teams to eliminate defects prior to formal testing.
- Proactively offer solution ideas and potential business process improvements in pursuit of driving efficiencies and meeting business needs.
- Work closely with DTE Compliance, Internal Audit and Quality Assurance groups to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) as well as our DTE system lifecycle and change management policies.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong experience and knowledge of running IT managed services or outsourced/ offshore teams.
- Deep experience with Coupa Business Spend Management for requisitioning, change orders and invoice processing.
- Deep experience with Coupa Supplier Information Management for supplier onboarding and maintenance.
- Deep experience with the Coupa’s scheduled Release process.
- Strong understanding of the business, processes, and appropriate regulatory environments (SOX)
- Able to manage own workload with minimal direction.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills and strong ability to present complex or sensitive information in a clear and concise manner to various technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and prioritization skills
- Strong system life cycle expertise
- Very strong MS Office skills, including MS Project & Visio, Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- Experience in Agile methodology
Education and Experience:
- B.S. and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Functional knowledge in Kofax AP Essentials
- Functional knowledge in Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Biotech and pharmaceutical industry experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.