Sr. Principal Oracle EBS Project Costing Lead
The Business Engagement & Technology Senior Principal Analyst for Accounting will be a key technical resource in ensuring the planning and delivery of key commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and a wide range of custom solutions in support of their business partners in Accounting and Finance. The Business Engagement & Technology Senior Principal Analyst for Accounting will partner with business leadership in Accounting and Finance to develop capabilities and systems roadmaps that align to support business strategy. Additionally, the Business Engagement & Technology Senior Principal Analyst for Accounting will ensure team members maintain reliable, scalable and compliant systems that easily meet business needs by efficient delivery and enhancements that provides opportunities for developing and implementing innovative solutions and integrations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become a trusted partner of the business leaders within their remit
- Understand their needs and vision, and deliver technology solutions to support and enable their goals and objectives
- Engage as a key participant in the strategic business planning process for their business partners
- Provide insights on how technology can improve business processes to enable operating efficiencies and support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Articulate and maintain a technology strategy to support and advance the business' objective. This strategy should factor in an understanding of future directions of the business area, as well as changes in the technology landscape.
- Execute the technology strategy by leading the evaluation, selection, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of technology solutions.
- Establish, track and report on project value drivers and financial impact
- Work closely with DTE Compliance, Internal Audit, and Quality Assurance groups as needed to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations, as well as our DTE system lifecycle and change management requirements
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in Oracle eBusiness Suite Project Accounting module with in-depth experience in Project Costing including budgeting, accrual, and expenditure capture – both internal costs from other Oracle modules as well as from integration, rule based general ledger account generation, capital asset creation and CIP cost collection functionality.
- Experience in other Oracle eBusiness Suite Financials Applications portfolio including General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, Payables and Receivables modules.
- Experience in Financial close processes within Oracle eBusiness Suite.
- In-depth and specialized knowledge in the core disciplines of project management, business analysis, solution design, delivery and training
- Significant experience in building productive partnerships with business stakeholders and influencing them to take action
- In-depth and specialized understanding of the business, processes, and any appropriate regulatory environments
- Results oriented manager with a proven track record of on-time project delivery for large, complex projects with global stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all audiences
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and prioritization skills, including the development of business cases/ value propositions
- Substantial program/ project management, demand management, resource management and system life cycle expertise
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities including development of business case / value propositions
- Superior MS Office skills, including MS Project & Visio, Excel and PowerPoint Experience
- Strong experience in Agile methodology
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline or equivalent
- Typically requires 9 years relevant business systems in the Life Sciences industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.