Senior Administrative Assistant, HEOR
Vertex is at the forefront of scientific innovation, having successfully developed and commercialized multiple breakthrough medicines for Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and, more recently, Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) patients. Our long-term commitment to advancing innovative therapies in other serious diseases has led us to grow and expand as an organization. Founded 30 years ago, Vertex has offices and research sites in North America, South America, the Middle East and Europe. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist.
The Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR) team operates across the Vertex portfolio and works closely with partners across the globe to generate evidence of the value of Vertex medicines and support access to patients around the world. The Senior Administrative Assistant plays a key role on the HEOR team and directly supports the leaders of the Global and Regional HEOR team (Senior Directors [SD]). In this capacity, the individual should excel at organization, management of multiple peoples' time and expectations, and have a self-starter attitude to anticipate and proactively address challenges.
Core day-to-day responsibilities:
- Provide logistical planning and administrative support including calendar management, travel, expense reporting, and purchase orders for SDs in HEOR
- Provide availability to key internal and external stakeholders for meeting scheduling
- Perform other supporting tasks such as creating and formatting documents/presentations in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as needed
Meetings, events & travel:
- Coordinate in-person/zoom meetings and workshops with domestic and international participants; secure and prepare meeting rooms and facilitate catering if needed
- Support offsite meetings/conferences: securing space, AV equipment, and catering
- Book restaurant reservations for offsite meetings/conferences
- Work with Human Resources to facilitate interview schedules
- Register external guests and, if necessary, greet them at reception
- Coordinate travel and hotel reservations
- Manage expense reports in a timely fashion and per company policy/guideline
- Track new contracts/statements of work in progress for suppliers and the project lead
- Create purchase orders in a timely manner so that the team can commence work
- Manage and follow up with onboarding new suppliers and manage purchase order amendments
- Facilitate on-boarding for new hires
- Facilitate team engagement activities
- Coordinate resolution of IT issues
- Back-up support to VP of HEOR and VP of GPMA
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-6 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Outlook Calendar Management, and Concur Expense reporting systems
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively and successfully implement multiple projects on competing timelines
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is a part of doing business
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, especially with senior executives, and experience across organizational functions
- Able to be trusted with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Team player with a track record of developing rapport and credibility with colleagues
- Detail oriented with the ability to proactively identify, communicate, and address challenges
- Able to work independently on responsibilities of the role Ability to provide clear status update for ongoing tasks/responsibilities
- Track record of sound ethics and good judgment consistent with Vertex’s core values
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.