Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner, Commercial
Reporting into the Executive Director, HR Business Partner to the Chief Operating Officer, the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) Senior Director provides HR leadership and consultation to the Senior Vice President of North America Commercial (NAC) and the North America Leadership Team (NALT). The HRBP is a trusted advisor to senior commercial leaders spanning our full portfolio - Cystic Fibrosis, Hematology and Pain Business Units, as well as US Market Access, Guidance & Patient Support and New Product Planning functions, providing expert HR advice and advanced talent and workforce solutions that enable the achievement of commercial strategies by leveraging a significant understanding of the internal and external landscape. This role drives talent management and helps architect and manage organizational change. The role oversees the delivery of HR programs and services such as talent/career development, manager coaching and consultation, talent acquisition of key positions, compensation processes, and performance management.
- Provides strategic HR leadership and expert guidance to assigned commercial client groups, along with consultation and delivery of HR programs and services to achieve key commercial objectives
- Leverages complex data and people analytics to provide critical insights into business and talent trends that inform the overall commercial and HR priorities. Provides insights in a simple, creative, and relevant way that challenges current thinking, informs business decisions, and shows how decisions impact business outcomes. Builds consensus and alignment around a topic and persuades others to take action
- Proactively defines, builds and implements value-added HR strategies and solutions
- Advises senior commercial leaders in solving complex issues related to organization design, development, and change leadership
- Establishes strategies and tactics to enable the business to attract, develop, and retain high-quality talent at all levels to support the growth objectives, opportunities, and strategies of the business
- Leads the strategic workforce planning efforts to ensure the people and talent strategy is in alignment with the organization's long range strategic plan (identification of long-term capability needs, talent acquisition and succession planning)
- Builds deep and impactful partnerships with the HR specialist functions such as Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, People Experience, Talent Management and Strategic Analytics to provide HR solutions to key business needs and to roll out corporate-wide programs that enhance the overall employee experience and support growth and success of overall business strategy
- Works with commercial leaders to implement and manage key HR processes, such as the year-end performance management process (performance assessment, calibration, and compensation planning)
- Partners with Talent Acquisition (TA) to ensure TA strategy is in place to deliver on key capability and workforce builds, with a specific focus on diverse talent, critical and board-approved hires
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related, relevant discipline
- Typically requires 12 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience developing and implementing HR strategies with Commercial clients in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred
- Expert-level experience developing strategic workforce plans, from conception to implementation
- Highly experienced in talent management, succession planning, and career growth and development
- Strong experience managing and/or leading culture and change management or organizational effectiveness initiatives
- Experience and expert understanding of management development, employee relations, data and analytics, diversity and inclusion
We’re enabling flexibility and choice between individuals and their managers to maintain our strong culture of collaboration and ensure a daily vibrancy within our sites globally. In this Hybrid or On-Site-Eligible role, you can choose to work:
1. Hybrid and work remotely up to two days per week; or select
2. On-Site and work 5 days per week with ad hoc flexibility.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.