Director, Commercial Training, US Pain
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is looking to hire a Senior Manager, North America Training and Development professional to join the Field Force Excellence (FFE) Team on a full-time basis. The Senior Manager will report to the Associate Director of Field Force Excellence, and will work cross-functionally to develop and deliver commercial training programs to enhance the skills, knowledge, and competencies of our US Pain Commercial Field teams.
- Execute and enhance onboarding training programs to ensure that new members of the US Pain Commercial Field teams are trained, certified experts in Vertex products, processes and education
- Develop, implement and facilitate training programs and workshops that improve the competency levels of our field teams
- Become a Pain product and disease state expert
- Manage the processes associated with the Communications Review Committee (CRC)
- Support procurement and strategic sourcing, vendor management activities, and budget management
- Identify and engage internal or external experts, as appropriate, to deliver topic-specific expertise
- Design and deliver thoughtful in-person, virtual and on-demand learning experiences that are reflective of best practices in adult learning principles
- Develop metrics and performance measures, reporting and analysis to meet business needs
- Support the development of cross-functional US Commercial training workshops and programs, including product launch, New Hire, POA, and national business meeting
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices, and processes to improve the efficiency of training services offered
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel requirements for this role include potential travel in the US and Canada which may be 15-20%.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- 1+ years commercial training experience in field or training role preferred
- Proven communication skills with a well-developed ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects that require collaboration across functional areas
- Ensure that all training programs are consistent with, and supporting of, company legal, regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Skillful team player able to develop rapport and credibility with key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and on a team; a positive, team-focused approach is essential
- Experience with and ability to use Microsoft Office and associated tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel as needed
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.