GxP Maintenance Planner Scheduler
The GxP Maintenance Planner and scheduler reports directly to the GxP Operations Scheduling Manager. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring a robust, audit ready Maintenance Planning and Scheduling program for the Vertex VMC equipment, utilities and analytical instrumentation. The GxP Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the overall planning and scheduling of Preventive and Corrective Maintenance for all GMP and Facility equipment and instrumentation activities that are not directly executed by the end user via batch record, SOP or Work Instructions. This includes the documentation associated with the equipment’s planned and unplanned maintenance throughout its entire life cycle from installation through decommissioning. The GxP Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will ensure the traceability and accuracy of all activities utilizing a validated CMMS. This position is a liaison between GxP Facility Operations and all other stakeholders at the VMC. In this capacity, the GxP Maintenance Planner/Scheduler ensures that all maintenance and calibration services are planned to be executed in a compliant and efficient manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Non-system generated work order planning and scheduling
- eCR submittal process
- Plan and schedule maintenance and calibrations
- Assist with maintenance assessments for new and existing site equipment
- Other duties as directed by the GxP Operations Manager
- Work order preapprovals
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-4 years of equipment maintenance experience within a regulated industry
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of data analysis tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Facility Management or equivalent experience
- Present and energetic, positive, “can do” attitude
- Advanced knowledge of CMMS
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.