Manufacturing Operations Senior Associate
The GMP cleaning senior associate is responsible for cleaning of GMP process equipment and CNC spaces. This position also supports glass wash for the release and stability laboratory and janitorial cleaning of non-CNC GMP spaces.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manual cleaning of process equipment
- Operation of automated cleaning equipment
- Cleaning of fixed process equipment in process rooms
- Major and minor cleaning of CNC Spaces
- Glass wash for the Release and Stability Laboratory
- Janitorial cleaning of non-CNC GMP spaces
- Stocking materials required for cleaning and gowning
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, visual acuity, manual dexterity, and ability to distinguish between the colors red, yellow, blue, and green.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to perform off hours work as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 0+ years of relevant experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience (High School degree with 4 years of experience or Associates Degree with 2 years of experience)
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.