Vertex Summer Internship, Biostatistics and Statistical Programming (Boston, MA)
The Vertex Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
- Explore statistical methodology relating to dose selection and dose response modelling
- Perform simulation studies
- Analyze clinical study data and interpret the results for a cross-functional team
- Build R programs and (possibly an R shiny app) as well as conduct analyses in SAS
- Present research results and learnings to the Biostatistics department and broader audience at departmental seminars and/or company poster sessions
- Summarize the work for future departmental use and potentially produce a peer-reviewed publication
- Attend seminars and other company activities to enhance the understanding of the drug development process and daily work of biostatisticians in a biotechnology company
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Currently enrolled in a graduate-level curriculum leading to a Ph.D. in statistics or biostatistics or other quantitative science (e.g., data science, quantitative pharmacology, etc.), with 2+ years graduate study completed and will resume the graduate program after the internship
- Be proficient in R, Python and SAS
Program Dates: May – August 2024
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.