Director, Supply Chain Management, Clinical Supply Chain Small Molecule
The Director, Supply Chain Management, Clinical Supply Chain Small Molecule will lead the Clinical Supply Chain strategy and operations for Small Molecule programs. The Director will play a major role in shaping a cohesive strategy and direction through effective optimization and integration of all groups within the Clinical Supply Chain department. As an experienced collaborator, the Direction demonstrates the ability to influence teamwork and set vision. The Director will be responsible for establishing internal compliance and business processes in support of all small molecule programs. The Director is accountable for supply chain readiness and is a key integrator of a complex set of deliverables. The Director will work closely with key stakeholders including Strategic Product Lead, Regulatory, Quality, Finance, CMC Sr. Leadership and Supply Chain leadership. The Director will be responsible for the maintenance of structural organization within the department, as well as the technical and managerial coordination of its group and staff. This is a Boston based, hybrid position.
- Lead overall supply chain strategy and operations for successful delivery on all small molecule programs.
- Manages all activities of the group and integrates effectively with all key stake holders, including external suppliers.
- Works with various cross-functional groups (such as Quality, Tech Ops, Regulatory, CMC, suppliers, ect.) to proactively and collaboratively resolve issues that may block the timely flow of material or projects.
- Define and deliver on supply chain program goals.
- End to end process mapping, ownership and delivery to patient
- Oversees staff deployment and project status ensuring all projects are appropriately prioritized and resourced, and key goals are met.
- Collaborate with Finance to develop a budgeting process for Clinical Supply Chain to maintain budget throughout the year.
- Key contributor to multi-year supply agreement negotiations with strategic partners and vendors.
- Provides guidance on the resolution of quality issues as defined by the teams escalation process.
- Champions initiatives that foster the company’s core values and cultivates morale and esteem in others.
- B.S. or BA in science and/or engineering (biotechnology, biology, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related sciences).
- 10+ years experience and demonstrated leadership in Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management; experience in Cell and Gene Therapy preferred.
- Capability to build cross-functional alignment including R&D, DTE, Regulatory, Quality, Finance and Commercial.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking, influence, negotiation, problem solving, strategic thinking and leadership in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capability with ability to make and act on decisions while balancing speed, quality, and risk.
- Demonstrated ability to influence areas not under direct control to achieve objectives and effectively communicate challenging goals and objectives.
- Ability to build strong relationships by being transparent, reliable, and delivering on commitments.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.