Product Owner, Customer Data Platform (CDP) & Marketing Automation (MA), US Pain
Product Owner, Customer Data Platform (CDP) & Marketing Automation (MA), US Pain Business Unit
Vertex is seeking a talented leader to join our US Pain Business Unit to support our journey to bring forth new options for the treatment of pain. The Product Owner, CDP & MA will be an integral part of the US Pain Marketing Team, which is preparing for potential commercialization of an investigational novel selective inhibitor of NaV1.8 in acute pain. This role will be part of a small team of Product Owners that will support other core marketing technology platforms and will drive the evolution and implementation of our innovative go to market model that focuses on a lean in-person presence supplemented by robust digital engagement. This individual will set the vision and roadmap for our CDP & MA platforms to drive an optimized customer experience across the patients & healthcare professionals we seek to engage. We are seeking a candidate that has a strong experience and background in marketing technology with a specific focus on scaled digital customer engagement. This candidate should have experience in working in commercial business units, demonstrated success in educating and coaching teammates, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment. This role reports to the Director, Digital Customer Experience for the US Pain Business Unit.
For more information about Vertex’s pain program, visit https://www.vrtx.com/research-development/pipeline/pain/. To learn more about working at Vertex and our commitment to a vibrant and inclusive culture, visit https://www.vrtx.com/working-here/inclusion-diversity-equity/.
- Create and communicate a product vision and strategy that outlines the short- and long-term direction and goals for the CDP & MA platforms
- Define and prioritize the product roadmap for the Customer Data platform (CDP) & Marketing Automation (MA) platforms and ensuring alignment with the overall business goals and strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales and DTE (IT), to ensure the product aligns with business needs and technical requirements
- Develop use cases aligned to marketing team objectives and drive consensus with relevant internal stakeholders to align on feasibility and implementation plan
- Ensure maintenance of detailed product backlog, including user stories, epics, and acceptance criteria, in collaboration with the development team
- Define and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the product's success and make data-driven decisions for continuous improvement
- Provide training and support to internal teams and customers to maximize the value of the marketing automation platform
- Manage expectations and feedback acting as a bridge between stakeholders to ensure effective communication of product updates and milestones effectively
- Participate in all aspects of agile process including sprint planning and retrospective meetings to ensure efficient development cycles and prioritized features based on business and customer needs
- Provide strategic input that helps manage the relationship with the MA & CDP vendors to evaluate potential platform updates or upgrades and recommendations on their implementation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant data protection and privacy regulations in the implementation of marketing automation features (e.g., HIPAA)
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in CDP & MA to identify opportunities for innovation
- Foster a culture of innovation, teamwork, and customer-centricity within the product team and across the organization
- Escalate any identified risks/dependencies to Vertex (e.g., dedicated resources)
- Cultivate strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to support business goals and engage above role including close partnership with the field, patient, disease education and program counterparts, serving as a peer leader on the marketing and launch readiness teams
- Role models and instills a culture of compliance focused on ethics and integrity in all we do
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of work experience working with marketing technology platforms with a specific focus on CDP and MA technology platforms
- Healthcare/biopharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred
- Experience establishing and gaining cross-functional and leadership alignment on a marketing technology product vision, roadmap and implementation plan in a matrixed organization
- Ability to effectively translate commercial business requirements into articulate functional requirements to ensure alignment on stated business objectives across teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit and courage to challenge the status quo to develop innovative and focused approaches to enable launch through data and technology, regular measurement of results and pivoting based on our test and learn strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to connect with senior leaders as well as more varied large audiences
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and results-driven environment within a growing business unit where we are concurrently learning & building as we drive towards product launch
- Demonstrated understanding of the legal, regulatory, privacy, and compliance requirements within the life sciences industry specific to the use of marketing technology platforms
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel 10 - 20%
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.