Intern Clinical Epidemiology, Global Patient Safety
The Vertex Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
The Clinical Epidemiology group is part of the Global Patient Safety Department and supports product development via contextualizing and evaluating safety events throughout the product lifecycle using epidemiological techniques, as well as leading and participating in epidemiological studies.
This intern will focus on epidemiological research projects that support the company’s portfolio of products and therapeutic areas throughout the development lifecycle.
- Perform and author literature reviews on epidemiology of indications and potential safety signals
- Contribute to daily activities related to post-approval regulatory studies including review of data as well as preparation of study reports, presentations, protocols, and statistical analysis plans
- Contribute to regulatory documents such as Risk Management Plans (RMPs) and Periodic Safety Update Reports (PSURs)
- Present research findings orally and in written documents
- Shadow product lead epidemiologists to learn about the critical role and responsibility of epidemiology in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Candidate must be enrolled in a graduate-level degree program in Epidemiology or Pharmacoepidemiology; alternatively, can be enrolled in a doctorate program in another discipline but with relevant training or work experience in epidemiological research (Masters level or PhD)
- Completed coursework or relevant training in epidemiological methods and biostatistics
Pay Range 26.00 – 50.00 USD/hour
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer. The range provided is a reasonable estimate for the pay range for this job at the time of posting. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements. The actual pay rate will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.