Commercial Distributor & Expansion Markets Director, Middle East and Africa
The Commercial Distributor & Expansion Markets Director will manage and oversee Vertex’s business with third party partners in the Expansion Markets and Assigned region to ensure that all eligible patients gain access to Vertex's medicines in the territory. The incumbent will work closely with Vertex’s distributor partners in the region, ensures alignment with international commercial strategy, implements tactical plans and ensures compliance with Vertex’s policies, procedures, and expectations. This role will manage in-directly Vertex internal cross-functional teams as well as directly external Distributor Partners in 11 currently assigned countries: GCC countries, Cyprus, Israel, Jordan, South Africa and Turkiye. Future expansion within MEA region is planned and more countries will come under this remit.
Position in based in London, 3 days per week- Hybrid mode.
- Leads the development, management and execution of the Assigned Region / Expansion Markets regional strategic plans in collaboration with Vertex’s distributor partners
- Ensures short and long term revenue opportunities are maximized in order to achieve commercial targets
- Interacts with local payers, KOLs, patient organizations, and key stakeholders
- Works cross-functionally within Vertex and locally with the distributor team as necessary to ensure smooth operation of region
- Enforces a culture of compliance and best practice as well as a commitment to continuously improves efficiency and effectiveness of region operations
- Oversees planning, analytics and project implementation to ensure successful delivery
- Ensures effective communication and alignment across the functional matrix regarding the strategy, plan and progress of implementation
- Leads consulting agencies to conduct detailed analyses in market of interest and deliver high quality, actionable strategic plans.
- Experience in Commercial operations in Distributor Markets, in the MEA region
- Strong and successful background in sales and marketing in Pharma/ Biotech
- Experience in managing third party commercial relationships and budgets
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to communicate complex concepts and negotiate with others mainly internally
- Ability to work cross-functionally as well as autonomously
- Ability to interact with payors, regulators and various stakeholders
- Solid understanding of the compliance framework
- Adept at working in multiple countries/cultures
- Ability to develop rapport and credibility with key internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage complex projects within timeline and budget
- Ability to plan, adjust, manage and optimize resources
- Proficiency in developing and overseeing country plans
- Entrepreneurial with a strong business acumen
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.