Intern Formulation Development
The Vertex Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are relentless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate student to join our Formulation Development team as an intern. Formulation of amorphous solid dispersions (ASDs) for enhancing bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs are of great interest. The intern in Formulation will work on the development of a hot-melt-extrusion (HME) process to manufacture ASDs of poorly water-soluble drugs and process these into tablets. Through this internship, the intern will have the opportunity to collaborate with other scientists, plan experiments, execute and analyze data. This internship will also be an opportunity to learn about cutting edge technologies to create transformative medicines.
- Review scientific literature
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and execute experiments
- Record and analyze data, write summary reports & present findings in team and department meetings
- Comply with all relevant ethical, safety, and training procedures
- Must be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program in an engineering/science field
- Strong interest in drug development process
- Have previous hands-on laboratory experience
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and follow established procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to think critically
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating Spring 2024
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.