GDP Operational Quality Senior Manager, 12 month FTC
The GDP Senior Manager is responsible for executing department activities to ensure objectives and priorities are delivered in a compliant and timely manner. This role is recognized as a technical resource in the principles and application of quality assurance and GDP.
The successful applicant will perform and assist with:
GDP operational activities e.g., deviations, change controls and CAPAs
Completion of quality agreements
Completion of shipping and other GDP risk assessments
Distribution GDP partner/vendor qualification
Distribution GDP partner/vendor metric collection and presentation
This individual will collaborate with business stakeholders and functions within the quality organization with the objective of ensuring transparency, advancing quality outcomes, and delivering on team objectives and priorities.
This role will be hybrid and some limited travel may be necessary. Office presence will be necessary 3 days/week and there may be occasions when work is required outside of regular office hours.
The position is responsible to ensure the successful execution of tasks as directed by their manager, these include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage the execution of quality processes for the distribution of Cell and Gene Therapy Commercial & Clinical Finished Goods
• Support GDP Deviations and Change Controls: manage investigations and resulting actions, ensuring eQMS records are accurate and complete.
• Support the Quality management of Cell and Gene Therapy couriers/transportation companies: creating and maintaining Quality Agreements, developing KPIs and establishing Quality meetings
• Participate in geographic expansion activities to ensure that Quality related actions are planned into projects and completed in line with the commitments
• Support recalls, mock recalls, and any other in-market activity
Develop, utilize, and continue to mature tools to ensure efficiency in execution
• Support initiatives associated maintaining relevant inspection related history for inspection readiness purposes
• Identify areas of improvement and participate in process improvement initiatives
• Additional as needed support to processes, systems, procedures to ensure continuous quality improvement
• Additional activities as needed to support the Quality Systems/Team
• Author/revise Standard Operating Procedures and associated forms as necessary
• Bachelor’s Science degree or equivalent
• Quality Assurance and/or Supply Chain Quality experience in a biotech/pharma or healthcare setting
• Thorough understanding of all aspects related to GMP and GDP within Pharmaceutical distribution and supply chains
• Ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.